Warning to ZiPhone users WILL brick.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by candm_forever, Mar 7, 2008.

1. candm_forever

candm_forever New Member

First off I used ZiPhone all the time never any problems until recently. So when you use the latest version of ZiPhone you could run into some real problems. That whole BSD root:.... error that a lot of people are getting, yeah my iPod didn't come out of it and yes i checked every thread on how to fix this. Including ipod+computer=nothing, holding down both the home and power buttons while connected to two different computer, yes I even switched between a mac and a xp, also downloading all recent jailbreaks, windows.bat, ziphone-changing to normal, dfu, and recovery mode-no results couldn't detect ipod. I had to wait for the ipod to die before it would restart nothing would even get it to go off besides that, recharge it connect it to computer and held down home one time, then the next time I held home and power. I alternated a lot, waiting on the battery to die and recharge was a b****. Sorry if those goes on and on but I've tried them all. I've posted many replies to the threads such as simple way to come out of bsd error, solution for bsd error, and even checked into the spamming AT error thread. Mine had that error, that's where all this started. So in conclusion my ipod is in a box on it's way to apple for repair.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just wanted to also say thanks to user jpga13 this person really knows what they're doing and helped me out the most. So I thought everyone should be fair warned about using Ziphone on an 8gb iPod touch, running 1.1.4 freshly restored before jailbreak. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

And yes I know what an ipod does when it bricks and what exactly a bricked ipod is, this is something new, it comes on shows the logo scrolls through and down then pops the bsd error and fills the screen until it dies.
  2. rosario1187

rosario1187 New Member

thanks for the heads up. i appreciate it. i had a JB 1.1.3, but a categories problem made me restore, and forcibly updating to 1.1.4, so im going to wait until something is actually stable in 1.1.4
  3. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    candm_forever, you're sending your JBed iPod to Apple? Are you sure that's ok? I thought that it's illegal to JB or at least you've made your warranty void by JBing.
  4. ballinjace

ballinjace New Member

You're ipod can't get 'bricked'
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Its not Illegal, but it will void warranty...

Hes stupid, there almost no way to brick an iPod touch.
  6. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Who're you referring to?
  7. manuelmx

manuelmx New Member

Well some ppl would say the term "brick" is inappropiate but ive been fooling ytd and today all day with my ipod 16gb with Ziphone and i noticed it got weird. Everytime it got smt strange, like wun get out of restore by ziphone anymore, and it will remain stuck in the apple logo. Itunes would decline to restore the ipod, even to 1.1.4 claiming there was an unknown error. It wouldnt get into restore by pressing home + plugging to the computer. And even ibrick wouldnt get the ipod out of restore mode, it would just remain red the screen, and ask me to wait but wouldnt get it out. The apple logo remained a lot.

I have tried several methods with ziphone, got it to work twice with a method no one really followed, compared to others, but my keyboard crashed so i couldnt type or even add sources, but i ahd the apps and everything on 1.1.4. However it was kinda sluggish.

I have decided to not use ziphone anymore until itsproven to be compatible with 16gb ipod touch, not by weird methods like pressing a lot of times, or turning on the ipod as ziphone starts. Its non technical, i want fool proof methods like the ones Dev Team used to do.

I even tried 1.1.4 by ipodtouchmaster and i never got my mail to work, it was too troublesome. I regret now loosing all my 1.1.3 configuration and apps. I will stick to 1.1.3 until a guaranteed method for 1.1.4 comes out.

I woudlnt recomment trying ziphone longer, the ipod gets weird and weird, even if u restored. Or at least that was my experience.
  8. MikeMiranda

MikeMiranda New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sadly I have F'ed my 32gb version since day one I thought I "Bricked" it but didn't

I used this Method tp break my 32gb version...
  9. LyncHung

LyncHung New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i used ziphone 2.5c for windows for my 1.1.4 8gb itouch. worked fine without a hitch. only crashed on me twice since then, and once was because of program i was using. i did have some trouble finding a repo for 1.1.4 for the mail, weather, wiggle icons update. my biggest problem was after i jailbroke it i could connect to ipod in itunes kuz it said version was not current and had to update to connect. so i just blocked itunes in firewall from accessing internet and now i can add more music and videos in itunes. although it is REALLY slow transferring data to ipod now. took almost an hour for 3 gigs of videos to transfer.
  10. Doggkor

Doggkor New Member

Hey, for the hell of it i decided to do Ziphone 2.5c again from a freshly restored 1.1.4. So i had the same problem as you, ran into the infamous BSD root error and then i tried to restore from itunes through forced recovery mode and the verbose actions began looping again, as you mentioned. So I read two threads, including this one: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43872 and switched the USB port from which i was connecting my ipod, and did the advanced features to normal mode button and in 20 seconds I was back on my home screen.