[WARNING] Supreme Preferences 3: More Trouble Than It's Worth...

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by DarkWrath, Jul 13, 2009.

1. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just a word of warning to the jailbreaking community:

Many people have been experiencing problems with the new SP3, leading to people needing to restore, or being in a Safe Mode Loop (as I did).

iMario has already mentioned (Trusting iPod Touchhere

Please Register or Log in to view images

) that there is a problem and the solution is a restore. I just wanted to give a warning to the community to wait for the next update to avoid crippling your ipod when installing this much awaited tool.

Thanx
  2. amarellapudi

amarellapudi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a thread about this on macthemes2.net. One guy told me to rejailbreak with redsnow. Then he told me to reinstall Winterboard and Supreme Prefs. After I did that I got Supreme Prefs to work perfectly.
  3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    rejailbreaking isn't always the most desirable solution for people. Some find it is easier to wait for an update to the problem than rejailbreak
  4. amarellapudi

amarellapudi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't mean restore and then rejailbreak. I mean just rejailbreak.
  5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i understand that, but it wipes your installed packages if you reinstall cydia
  6. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    if you just uninstall SP 3.0 it should work. if your stuck on boot then you should still be able to SSH into your ipod. so open your SSH client and open a terminal window and type "apt-get remove com.imario.supremepreferencesthree" then it should work. if its stuck on a black screen try respringing with "killall SpringBoard" then wait and it should work. if not the last thing you should try before restoring is rejailbreaking with redsn0w.

EDIT: if your stuck when booting, SSH will only work at the end of the boot cycle. so keep trying to connect until it finally connects.
  7. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i am no longer stuck. But uninstalling SP3 did not work. I am just warning people not to get in the same situation
  8. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

mm, I am one of those experiencing issues, and one of the people helping with the solution, I was in that macthemes discussion.

As far as I can tell it seems to be a conflict with Five Icon Dock but that's just my initial suspected cause.

I've been playing around and managed to get my double tap home working again and SP3 disabled (still installed, but disabled)

so far all is good, just working out winterboard, at the moment I've got my themes working, though winterboard still won't respond to changes... Will post if I find a fix, I'm not going to give up.
  9. Makosen

Makosen Guest

Never said that. It's conflicting with some other packages; else it works great. I installed it on my own iPhone and iPod touch - no problems. Installed it on a friends iPhone - no problems.
  10. prankster163

prankster163 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    WOW NOW YOU TELL ME >:O lol

I had to restore and rejailbreak and get all the music and apps and so on reinstalled to my ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

There goes my themes D:

Wish i backed up the themes *rolls eyes*