WARNING: New Installer update problem!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AngelSynth, May 6, 2008.

1. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Hey guys,

This is weird, I'm usually the person helping noobs with these kinds of things, but nothing is working for me! Yes, I have searched, I've found 3 other threads about this, but none of them have been replied too...

Here is the problem-

TODAY- I hopped on Installer, saw there was an update for it, and clicked [update now]

after that, Installer crashed (the usual)

then, I got back on Installer and saw the installer update under the "UPDATES" tab...

naturally, I clicked it, duh!

then I got an error message that said "Unsufficient Memory, additional 512 kb needed for update"

I said "OMGWTFBBQ" out loud, I checked my ipod, and it said I had 8 gigs of unused space!

WTF? I got back onto installer and refreshed my sources...

-same error message

After this, I tried downloading that cool new game "Raging Thunder" it downloaded at the usual speed, but at the end, installer crashed and went to the home screen!

NOW- I have a "?" icon on my springboard for Raging Thunder that crashes upon opening it, and I can't get rid of it! installers "UNINSTALL" tab doesn't recognize it, and so now I'm firin' up my FTP client to manually delete it out of the /Applications directory

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can anyone help me with this problem? This is really annoying, Installer keeps giving me the low memory error message, and Raging Thunder is a dead app on my springboard!

Damn, I can't believe this, I sound like a noob lol
    I'm used to answering questions like this every day >.>
  2. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

try a hard reboot
  3. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

No go, just rebooted for the fourth time, and I still get the low memory error message!

Thanks for the help though

4. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You must relocate your apps.

You could use BossTool, but I suggest doing it manually...

"I'm usually the person helping noobs with these kinds of things" << lol
  5. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    have you moved your apps with bosstool? I would suggest you do that if you have not.
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

first, install raging thunder again then uninstall to remove that (or manually delete it - just get rid of that)

then do the smylink fonts, applications, and ringtones (yes, even ringtones on an ipod touch) into media directory. don't ask me how, theres a ton of tutorials for it.

then it will work (should)

the reason it shows so much free space is because the ipod is divided into two memory partitions: media and library. the media partition is for music, videos, photos, and everything else itunes modifies. that is also the part of your ipod itunes tells you the free space for. the other is library, which holds things like system files, applications, fonts, default apple images, etc. that is a much smaller partition (300mb I believe) and itunes doesnt know how much memory is left in there [mainly because youre not supposed to be able to change it, so who cares how much space is left in there?]
  7. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Hmm? "relocate my apps" what exactly does that do, and is it safe?
    1 person likes this.
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yep, use BossTools, you've run out of space in the 300MB partition of your iPod touch.
    BossTool will move over all your wallpapers, applications etc.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

ahhh you help noobs riiggggggghhhhhhhhttttt lol download boostool in installer then relocate fonts and ringtones not apps tho that can mess you up and while ur at it if it works +rep me plz!
  10. apple123

apple123 New Member

Yep, it's 100% safe. Just simply go into BossTool, select Free Disk Space, and click "Relocate Applications". Ignore that silly warning message, and you should be good to go!