[WARNING]Ipod touch 2G OpeniBoot = FAKE!

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by hipy, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    nvm about this. nobody seems to understand me in this.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    People are just too damn impatient.
  3. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ------------
  4. bigmcq77

bigmcq77 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Haha. Jeesh. Settle down. It's not fake, its in BETA. The project just started! There isn't one place where it says "this project is done enjoy!" Keyword: Beta 1. And he obviously did change the name of it. And he will send the source to the dev's, but you guys haven't even given him a chance to before you exclaim FAKE!!!1! iPhone Linux needs more support and devs, and now there is more, you call him a fake? Way to be supportive of the community.

I typed this because no one else is defending him, when he deserves it.
  5. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ------------
  6. zlayaa

zlayaa New Member

This is not fake.. I have tested it, it loads OpenIBoot on my iTouch 2g! But it's in very early beta so everything isn't working yet. Quote from their google code project page:
  7. bigmcq77

bigmcq77 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He doesn't know about it because it JUST STARTED. Read the google code page, please, before making such false and terrible accusations that may just ruin this project and then nobody will get openiboot on their ipt2gs.
  8. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey hold on a minute. I almost went on my knees some month ago at CPICH and Planetbeing to get this project started again..

and so it did... The thing is, ofc i dont want this project to chrash. But if CPICH states that its a fake then it probably is. even if its not. They dont know sh*t about it. so what if it has a little virus in it that uses the root standard password. Yes then your screwed... I dont want this project to chrash. I want to protect the users that want to install that bit of software.

I know that people are inpaitient. but i just want to protect the users for not making any foolish moves!

Do you get my idea about this? i dont want to chrash this project... i even went almost on my knees for it at CPICH and planetbeing to get it restarted. I almost fell of my chair when i saw the android vid...

also its IMO just plain bullsh*t to directly open a new project for it and go on developing on there own. Why do they dont have some god damn patient. Planetbeing and the whole team are working very hard on it but because they dont fix for touch 2g we should directly abandon our support to that team and open a new project and go on with fixing the sh*t ourselfs? i dont find that really nice after all the hard work they have done. also there are ALOT of devices that are not supported yet. They simply didnt fix that yet!

I hope you understand me that i dont want to let the users who want to use this get hurt. But in theory the dude is violating the GPL rules wich states if he makes an edit, he should send it to Planetbeing.
  9. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Whats so wrong with having multiple teams working on the same project. I.E. jailbreaking dev teams. And for all those who attempt to install unproven software upon their devices, it's at their own risk of 'bricking' their own sh*t. I have no remorse for those who do stupid things without it actually being tested by someone who some credibility.
  10. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well, i dont know what your opnion is about this.

but IMO jailbreak software and the iphonelinux software is totally diffrent.

Ofc jailbreak software uses the same exploit. but with the iphonelinux project they made something and its copied by another users with a small edit. I know its opensource but still..

Still i tought it was a good idea to protect users against this unproven software. but clearly its not accepted arround here

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.