WARNING: If you ordered from Amazon...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dd_ny, Sep 18, 2010.

1. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do NOT change your shipping speed!

I was originally suppose to get my 32 GB iPod touch 4th generation sometime around Sept 20-30th, but today, I was getting annoyed at my slow shipping speed (I had selected the free shipping) and decided to play around with the other speeds to see if it was worth paying extra.

Well, turns out, it wasn't worth it to get 2 day shipping (for some reason, 2-day shipping made it go even SLOWER) so I changed back to the free shipping.

But instead of my delivery date going back to Sept. 20-30th, it changed to sometime in OCTOBER! Now I'm pissed so I sent an email to Amazon.

They did refund me my money when I switched back to the free shipping, but now my concern is them changing my delivery date back to normal.

They usually go out of their way to make sure their customers are satisfied, so I expect them to give me free expedited shipping or something along those lines. But even if they were to do that, I'd still end up getting my iPod later than my original date.

If they do nothing at all and simply tell me it can't be helped, I'll be pissed and will quit recommending them (and I've recommended them a LOT on these forums).

I'll let you guys know what happens, but I just thought I should post this so the rest of you don't have to go through this headache too.

ADD:
    As I predicted, Amazon decided to give me free two day shipping to make up for this horrible situation. However, this doesn't solve my problem because my shipping date is still in October (again, as I predicted). Furthermore, I checked my account and noticed that they didn't actually give me FREE two-day shipping like they said. For whatever reason, they charged me for it, and called it free! Either they have a new employee who doesn't know what they are doing and made an innocent error, or they think I'm too dumb to notice when my balance goes down!

Boy, am I glad I took the saved debit card I had on my account off the other day, or I'd never have noticed them charging me!

I emailed them and told them their solution to my problem wasn't helping any, and also reported that someone charged my account. I'm still waiting for a reply, and it better be a good one, because I really don't like fighting with people.

ADD:
    I just got a reply from them, and they gave me "free" ONE day shipping now. But after looking at my balance, once again, they STILL charged me for the shipping! And my shipping date is STILL in October! Ugh! Time to email them another complaint!

ADD:
    Okay, they got back to me, and they told me the iPod is back ordered and that's why my shipping date changed. They said they expect to start shipping iPods on the 6th, so I'd receive mine on the 7th.

BUT they denied taking money from me! I am POSITIVE they did! My gift card balance was around $40 before I spoke to them and now it's around $20! If I add the shipping charges for next day shipping to my current balance, it brings my balance back to where it was originally, so there is no doubt in my mind that they just stole from me!

I am extremely ticked so I shot them another email and asked to speak to corporate for my refund. Stay tuned guys.

ADD:
    Okay, just got another email from them and they told me they'll give me my money back after my iPod ships. Of course, they conveniently forgot to give me the contact information for corporate.

UGH. I hate dealing with companies. On the bright side, at least I got free next day shipping. But my order was still set back 2 weeks.

ADD:
    Just got an update from Amazon saying they are expecting to deliver my iPod earlier than they originally thought. They are shipping this Thursday, and thanks to their goof, I got free one day shipping, so I'll get it this Friday! I guess this was a blessing in disguise!

Please Register or Log in to view images

That means it will take exactly three weeks from the day I ordered for Amazon to get my iPod to me, which is a lot better than what they told me before!
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What day did you order it? (just curious)
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah... should've just been patient

Who knows? It might be an error with the display date?
  4. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    3rd of Sept. I originally ordered on the 2nd, but saw the price drop, cancelled, and reordered. I didn't realize that Amazon give you the lowest price even if you preorder, so that probably set back my shipping date somewhat right off the bat.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah, maybe this is a lesson in patience, Lol. Love your avatar btw, lmao
  5. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why not just buy it from a place that has it in stock right now?!
  6. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Because the only way I make money currently is by work I do online, and they pay me in Amazon gift cards, not real cash. I only recently got a real job, but I haven't started yet so I don't have any other form of money at the moment.
  7. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    That sucks lol! I'm glad I ordered it with 1 day shipping, it'll be here Sept 22nd at the latest.

Where do you "work" btw?
  8. KiNGMONiR

KiNGMONiR New Member

Haha sorry to hear that. I ordered mine from Apple using normal shipping. The express shipping option description said it would arrive 2 days sooner. I decided not to tamper with it and wait and already UPS says I'm getting it 2 days sooner than expected date. I'm loving my luck!

9. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sell the Amazon cards on eBay...
  10. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can't really say because they might consider it spamming. Message me if you want to know.
    I can't because I already added the majority of them to my account, so I no longer have codes.
    Sometimes I think they rig the delivery dates in order to encourage people to pay extra for the faster speed, Lol.