Warning for Invisible Shield Buyers

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Complexis, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    DO NOT wipe your iPod Touch when you apply the Invisible Shield. The back can be scratched by microfiber cloth. I used it to clean off my unit and it scratched it with a few small scratches about a centimeter in width.
  2. jason724

jason724 New Member

EVERYTHING scratches the back. As for the front, its already invincible. I took an exacto knife to it and nothing happened. You can feel the blade just sliding across the smooth surface.
  3. bonehead848

bonehead848 New Member

to clean the back just use the included cloth that came with the touch or a glasses cleaning cloth. As for the front it is made of glass so it is very resilient.
  4. gimchi

gimchi Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well i wiped mine before i put the sheild on and i had no scratches. Yes i did use a micro fiber cloth.. the same one i use to clean my flat screen tv.

Gim
  5. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    well, a lot of people have a scratched screen, so it is not invincible as u say. For example, i have a 1/2 inch scratch on mine!(and im really pissed....

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

anyway, yea the back scratches VERY VERY VERY easily!
  6. Frost71

Frost71 New Member

Quick question... are you nutz??? You took an exacto knife to your $400 iPod just to see if it could scratch it?
  7. jason724

jason724 New Member

I was making this out of my iPod Video's iSkin:

How did you manage to scratch the exterior screen??
    Can we see some pics of it?

P.S. The touch's screen is sapphire crystal, which is a 9 on the Mohs hardness scale, making it scratch proof from nearly every metal (including hardened steel). You probably scratched it with a diamond ring/bracelet, or a watch which has a sapphire crystal face.
  8. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    well i dont know how i scratched it, but im telling you, if the screen was sapphire crystal, the price would be waaaaay higher! the screen does not even feel like glass, and there is rumor that the screen may be simple plastic....

i'll try to post a picture later(if im able to take it)
  9. jason724

jason724 New Member

I don't know, personally I feel it is sapphire crystal. Nowadays it really isn't all that expensive, expecially a a clear thin piece of it. I have 3 Seiko watches and they all have genuine sapphire crystal faces and I swear they all look like they're plastic because it's so thin. I also did a comparison of temperature (pressing each surface to my face), both the watches and the touch have the same temperature and the same smooth feel when you rub your finger against it. I didi notice 2 scratches on one of my more frequently used Seiko watches, but it's in a bin with other jewelry, some of which have diamonds. I also tapped on the surface of the touch and watch, they feel EXACTLY the same.
  10. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ok, well i didn't know it was a very thin layer so that changes everything!! But i never had anything like jewlries in my pocket or anything that can scratch it... So im wondering!