Wanted white, but now reconsidering...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NickPod, Jul 19, 2010.

1. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ever since I started thinking about the iPhone 4, I decided I would want white. White just looks nicer to me. So I figured I'd wait until the end of the month and place my order.

However, considering the announcement that they will be released at first in limited quantities, I am wondering how long from now it will actually be before I have the iPhone in my hands. I'm not going to camp out, get in a line, or run to be the first one to get the white iPhone. I want to be able to simply go to my local AT&T store or order from the Apple website, and have the device in a timely manner.

The thing is, if I wait a week or two from now for the white iPhone to be released and place my order, what if there's a 3-week backlog like there currently is with the black iPhone? That means I won't have the phone for at least another month (and even longer). I simply do not want to wait (yes, call me impatient, but that's just me). If I order the black one now, my wait will only be two to three weeks, which is certainly feasible.

Furthermore, no matter what color I end up with, I'm going to be getting a case that covers the back anyways. So I can always get a black phone with the white Nude, which to me, looks very slick.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What do you guys think? Should I just go ahead and order the black iPhone?
  2. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I would recommend getting the black iPhone.
  3. LxRoyaling

LxRoyaling New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, order the black one and if you want, buy a white skin for it.

4. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do what i did, i called the Apple store to get on the waiting list for the black i4 (like 2 weeks ago), and i'm also waiting for the white one at the end of the month (gonna be hard if they're both available same week lol). I really want the white one, but tbh, with the wait times for both phones, i'm just gonna take which ever comes my way first.
  5. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ya go for black...more chance of me getting white
  6. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    I have been thinking the exact same thing, ever since the iPhone 4 announcement I have wanted the white model, but recently, after the limited stock talk, and the end of month update, I have decided Im just going to make life easier and go with the black model, im too impatient to wait on the white one :')
  7. AttackAniPod

AttackAniPod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, what Luke said. And you can just order a white iPhone 4 case that shows the apple logo iphone and details on the back.Click here
  8. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Why do you keep promoting these cases?

Mind... they are nice, do you own one?
  9. z999

z999 New Member

you need to get on a waiting list?
    I'm going to britain in a week and a half and was hoping to pick up one on regent street, do I have to pre-order it?
  10. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Switcheasy NUDE Much nicer, and cheaper in the end. I have a Switcheasy Capsule Neo on my 3G, and a Capsule Classic on my iPod classic... Switcheasy is really the only case brand that i use since theyre so good, and for the most part, cheap.

Well, mind that this is an Apple store at a mall thats crowded from opening to closing when cops HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE TO LEAVE lol. Dono, call the store, ask if they have any in stock and you'll know if you need to get on the waiting list or not. In my case, I sadly had to around 2 weeks ago, usual wait is 3 weeks so im expecting an email from them this week, or next week.