Want to record speaker output from pc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sashavol, Jun 29, 2009.

1. sashavol

sashavol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE TELLING ME WHAT I ALREADY DID!

So anyway, I want to record from my speakers. And as it turns out, I can't. So obviously I took the basic steps such as displaying the disconnected and disabled devices, but still my speaker doesn't show up in the recording menu. (Ex. Stereo Mix, Stereo Out, Wave Out, etc.) I went ahead and updated my sound driver and reset my computer... and then reset it again (obviously nothing would change), so nothing changed. Still can't record from speakers. Any suggestions? And by the way, I need this so that I can record from an online radio station I like on the net so I can listen to it later on my iPod touch. Help pl0x!
  2. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you're on vista, go down to your task tray, right click on the volume icon, and select "recording devices." If you see a "stereo mix" on your list of recording devices, right click on it and select "Set as Default Device." That will enable you to record what's coming out through your speakers. If you're on XP, however, these instructions may be similar to what i've said. Try it and let me know.
  3. sashavol

sashavol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you sure you read the whole post? Anyway, I wrote my own driver which just does the same as "stereo mix". Anyway, read the whole post and you will see that it doesn't appear. I figured out the problem, I don't have a dedicated sound card. So yeah, but thanks for trying to help!
  4. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OH, I just failed ha..? xD
    Now I get what you mean, sorry about that. Glad it's fixed though, just too bad my help sucked..! lol.