want to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by camcorr18, Oct 2, 2009.

1. camcorr18

camcorr18 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so i have the 2G ipod touch but i have the 3.1 firmware. does anyone know if i can jailbreak or what i need to do besides for downgrading it to 3.0. Then does anyone know if there will be a jailbreak out for it soon?
    Thanks
  2. The iHelp Team

The iHelp Team Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If you have a Mac, you will want to download the Pwnage tool, the new version that was just released today. Create the custom 3.1.1 firmware, and install it to your iPod touch via iTunes.

If you have a PC, you will want to either downgrade to 3.0 and jailbreak, or somehow get the custom 3.1.1 firmware from someone.
  3. camcorr18

camcorr18 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So when i download the firmware should it be pretty easy to make a custom one? then do i need to get any ispw? where is the best place to get the firmware off of?
  4. The iHelp Team

The iHelp Team Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    It is very easy, check out this link and look at the first post. Download Pwnage tool, and it will help you get going.
  5. camcorr18

camcorr18 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont know what i am doing wrong but it is not working i have the pwnage tools downloaded and i thought i was supposto hook my ipod and do it through that but it seems not to be working and then i am not to sure what to do after that? need a little help and i am doing this all on a mac
    Thanks
  6. inF4MOUS

inF4MOUS New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Re-read the instructions mate, its 100% working. You must have done something wrong if it doesn't work.