Want to get into the code part of jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by latner, Apr 11, 2010.

1. latner

latner New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am looking at trying to learn the steps possible to jailbreak on my own without the need of someone elses tools and what not. My question is, Where do I start? How do I start?
    I am running on hackintosh 10.6.2, however i have parallels and an xp machine here.
    That way I can be versatile for OS sake
  2. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tricky tricky...
    Not trying to crack 3.1.3 by yourself, are you

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. latner

latner New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    more or less i just wanna learn the ins and outs of it. I had some programming experience in high school, but that was just visual basic, and its been awhile
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    There is much more to jailbreaking then just code, you do know that right?
  5. ipt3g_Lover

ipt3g_Lover Banned

Trust me it takes more then just "some programing skills." I myself have a lot of program skills, and I released lots of programs (a crown jem of mine is currently sitting in a private beta XD). However, I can't find an exploit for the life of me. Its seems that geohot and a lucky few, actually have the magic eye.

Essentially, if you really want to start, start by looking at the keys geohot and Joshua Hill has released recently for certain firmware version.

But if you cannot go from there, abandon ship mate. This is not your typical coding 101.

Trust me hacking the ipt has very few contributors for a reason. If it was easy, we will have a new exploit every week.
  6. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    jailbreaking is the art of going through weeks of apple code to manipulate a checking or proceedure to gain control of the system files. This is very complex to do. Just go have a search, i think geohot posted something about the code or something he used for an old jailbreak. I didnt get one bit of it. Just trust me it is very very very complex.
  7. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I'm doing VB at the moment in school.
  8. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    correct me, but i think geohot alone has degrees in engineering and probly knows alot of coding language.
  9. geeza23

geeza23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    but then again peoples dont forget that geohot did jailbreak the original iphone at 18 and got himself a nissan 350z and 3 iphones,how many can even say that at the age of 18 they have enough programming/engineering skills to get close to jailbreakinga gadget?i for one am very jealous at the same time admiring his skills
  10. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would also point out that he probably has tons of experience now (Ever since the first iPhones) to figure out what is an exploit, loophole, and what's just an ordinary app code.

Who knows, you COULD be our next GeoHot, but it's gonna take a TON of work..