Want to buy new ipod in UK..tough have to wait for usa to wake up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by reck, Sep 8, 2010.

1. reck

reck New Member

I read ShaunB thread about him picking up his ipod from the Apple Leicester store in the UK. So I grabbed my wallet and went down into Leicester to buy one for myself.

I went in the shop and saw the new ipod on display so went up to the counter and asked for one and was told they couldn't sell them till 6:00pm!! They have plenty in stock, they have them out on display but they can't sell them.

I ask them why this is and i'm told that Apple don't won't the UK folk to have them before the USA. As America is only just waking up at this time we have to wait in the UK for the Americans to get theirs while we have to stand by and wait.

What a crappy crappy pathetic rule by Apple.

BTW ShaunB you were very lucky you got one. I mentioned to the guy in the shop that a friend had emailed me (you) and he purchased one so why can't they sell one to me. Apparently a few went out by mistake first thing. The rest of us will have to wait until tonight once the yankies have had their breakfast and gone out and purchased one.

What a wasted trip.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple want a worldwide launch at the same time, if I were them I'd want the same thing. Everything being set free all at once is more of a spectacle than a slow gradual release.
  3. reck

reck New Member

I can understand the same day bobby I have no problem with that.

I just think it's stupid for them to have stock in and still turn away customers telling them to come back in a few hours.

Also this is never going to be a worldwide release down to the nearest minute. Some places in the world it's going to be in the middle of the night, it just can't work at that level.

Basically it comes down to what the Apple guy told me. No one is allowed to have one until America is up out of bed and able to buy one, 6:00pm UK time.
  4. ShaunB

ShaunB New Member

Sorry to hear that. The guy was really helpful to me.

There's loads of 64GB on display to play with. What did you think of it?
  5. reck

reck New Member

Yeah I had a play with one in the shop. I knew it was going to be thinner but I was still quite surprised by how thin it felt in my hand.

The screen looked really nice, at extreme angles you get the blue tint but from any normal usable angle it looks really really nice.

Had a quick play with the camera but i'll need more time to see just how bad the picture quality will be.

The guy I dealt with in the Apple store who I talked to was helpful as well. After he told me that no one was allowed to buy one until 6 he seemed quite surprised when I told him you had bought one from this very shop. He went over to ask a few of the other guys who all confirmed that they weren't for sale until 6.

It wasn't until I pressed them some more on why you had managed to purchase one that they suddenly went a bit sheepish and admitted a few had gone out at the start that weren't supposed to. They also admitted it was a bit anal on Apples part that they couldn't sell me one but said Apple had these sorts of "strange" rules.
  6. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apple and their stupid decisions :/
  7. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i talked to the apple store in kingston and they said if you call up they could put one to the side for your so you can have one confirmed for 6pm
  8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dude I am sorry. I guess we want it badly first. =P it is 916AM eastern time here.
  9. reck

reck New Member

I guess so, lol.

Well you enjoy your breakfast and take a leisurely walk down to your local Apple store in America. The whole world is waiting for you guys to pick up yours before us second rate citizens of Planet Earth can have ours.
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I called my Apple store from where I am. They dont have them. Idc I can wait.