Want: Hide Entire Camera Roll App

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by ThePickler, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    One would think that such a simple and straight forward app should already exist, but I have yet to find an application that performs this function.

What I am really interested in having is an application that will make it appear as though there are no photos whatsoever on my iPod touch to someone snooping around. The camera roll is then only revealed with a preassigned finger gesture.

I am not interested in applications that create a "locker", "passworded archives", "individual photo hides", or camouflaging images with something else. Having any of the above gives the game away just by making the unauthorized user suspicious. I don't even want the number of photos showing.

Does such an application already exist? If not I would happily buy the first version of this that shows up either in Cydia or the App store.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

None that I know of.. you can.. hide it?
  3. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Would you please clarify? Hide what? Do you mean for me to hide my iPod touch?

I want it to appear as though my iPod has no photos. I know I can hide the photo application itself, but then I still want to get to it easily.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, I meant hide the Photos app

Please Register or Log in to view images

I don't think there's anything else you can really do.
  5. Spudstabber

Spudstabber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    SSH into your ipod and make the photos icon invisible, so you know where it is but they dont. also, remove the text, so that does not give it away
  6. brsniteshade

brsniteshade New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    or use boss prefs
  7. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'll explore this solution. I understand what you are suggesting, but it will take some figuring out and research before I know how to do it. SSH is the easy part.

I am familiar with using BossPrefs for this purpose, but I like the idea of making the icon invisible and not disappeared.
  8. Dónde?

Dónde? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just poof it?
  9. hooger

hooger Banned

Use poof, then when you want to open the photos app, just slide over to spotlight type "p" and photos should be the first one. Thats what i do when i hide apps.
  10. Spudstabber

Spudstabber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just make a 60x60 transparent file in photoshop and save it as Photos.png. Then, if you are using a theme, move that into "private/var/stash/themes.xxxxxx/theme name/icons and replace any other photo icon with that one