Want help unlocking iphone 2g(urgent)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tapan15in, Nov 18, 2009.

1. tapan15in

tapan15in New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am having iphone 2g. One day back i upgraded its software from 1.1.4 to 3.1.2. The old basebad was 4.4. The problem i am facing is that the software is upgraded but now i am getting the error insert valid sim card to activate the phone. The old software was jailbroken and unlocked but now i am unable to unlock it. Can anyone help me pls.........
  2. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Check out the BlackRain threads found throughout this forum. Or google Blackrain. Essentially you will run blackrain which will also unlock your phone.

Or you could google custom firmware and restore your iPhone with that and then install Ultrasnow via Cydia for the unlock.

Don't panic, you will be able to use your iPhone again

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. hazardc0r3

hazardc0r3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    blog.iphone-dev.org

blackra1n.com/

If you go to the first link try and find a Help section in there and you can post questions and they can usually get back to you.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Blackra1n will jailbreak the iPhone 2G but it (rather blacksn0w) will not unlock the 2G.

You have to run bootneuter to unlock it; I believe there is a repo for it via Cydia but I have not messed with a 2G for a while.

Your options: Run blackra1n to JB it then try the Cydia bootneuter to unlock it. Or, create (or get) a custom firmware (made with Pwnage Tool) and restore to that. The custom firmware will run the bootneuter and unlock the iPhone for you.

Hopefully that makes some sense!