[wallpaper]The sound that you see

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by rofl., Jan 17, 2010.

1. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    rofl. Presents:
    The Sound that you see

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is the original.

[This is only the start of the wallpaper and I really tried to make everything match up because as you see in the originals, stock1 and stock2, the lighting of the two pictures aren't equivalent. The man was rendered by me.

This is not the final wallpaper, this is only the start of it and I will post the absolute final when I am done with it. Please please please critique with all honesty.

Attached are the updated version(s).

Attached Files:

2. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The shadow is incorrect. There is no light source pointing at his face, so there shouldn't be a shadow on the wall.
  3. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Exactly what I was going to say.
  4. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm. I never noticed it that way. There is a light source though, I just need to adjust the back shadow.

Thanks for the comment.
  5. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Theshadow should be there just a little more under him... Like the light was above him
  6. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The light, from what I see, is going in a south-south-east direction. I can tell because the wall on the right side (West) is mostly dark while the other wall on the right (east) is brighter. There needs to be a shadow on the wall, but as suggested above, needs to be adjusted a bit so that there still is a shadow, but not as verbose.
    ------------------double post merged------------------

As you can tell, I adjusted the back shadow. BTW, even if you go to the direct link (http://www.ifans.com/forums/imgcach...obucket.com/albums/bb266/Alalee/TheSound2.png) it sill wont show as full size, full size is 3.5 MB and about 2080x2720; stupid limitations. I will post on Deviant Art later.
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

the perspective is off - the image of the man was taken from lower down than the image of the alley, so he looks out of place. its especially noticeable in the chair.
  8. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, a response. Thanks for the comment, however I do not know if I could fix that. If I ever finish this, (I probably wont due to lack of response) the perspective issue will not be that big of a deal.
  9. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the shadow should be no where near that wall, if anything it should be going towards the opposite direction. his legs are a bit too bright and he needs more light coming from the top
  10. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The shadow shouldn't be going in the opposite direction. As stated above, the shadow is going in a SSE direction. I will brighten the hat, though. I might just be able to find a different background