Wallpaper setting missing with Winterboard

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Skyler0, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Skyler0

Skyler0 New Member

Wallpaper setting missing with MMPFlip

Okay, first off. Hi folks. I just bought an iPod Touch finally a few days ago lol.

It's a 2G 2.2.1 jailbroken etc.

Anyway. I have Winterboard installed and am trying to change my wallpaper, but the Settings > General > Wallpaper option is missing (so is Sounds). If I uninstall Winterboard, voilah they appear.

So... why is this and how do I fix it :S

Probably a stupid question with a simple answer (least I hope so), but I've searched all over the place and have not found anything

Thanks a bunch for any help given ^_^

-Sky

EDIT: Upon further troubleshooting, it seems it's the MMP Flip that's causing the removal of the settings for some reason. :S
  2. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm. It isn't gone for me.

If you are trying to change your lockscreen wallpaper, that's pretty easy. Just go to photos and select the wallpaper you want

If you want to change the springboard wallpaper, just ssh it. Get a iphone sized wallpaper and rename it as Wallpaper.png. Then put it with the theme you use.

As for the wallpaper and sound options missing, I have no idea.
  3. Skyler0

Skyler0 New Member

I've been looking at it further, and turns out its not actually the Winterboard itself, but a 'theme' that I have enabled in it. The MMPFlip (that turns the music/video icon into one 'ipod' icon like the iPhone), is for some reason causing the options to have the Wallpaper/Sounds options missing. Very strange even still though, but luckily it IS liveable.
  4. limisopop

limisopop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have MobileMusicPlayerFlip installed also but those options aren't missing. Well, best of luck in your problem :/
  5. Maddiator

Maddiator New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same problem

I guess it has something to do with the MobileMusicPlayerFlip, because I changed the N45AP.plist since the MobileMusicPlayerFlip doesn't work on 3.0. Changing the plist has the same effect. On the one hand there is just the iPod icon but I'm missing the wallpaper option like you.
    I tried too edit the info.plist of Settings where it says Wallpaper but I don't really know what I have to change?!
  6. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    is there an easier way to change the springboard wallpaper, I have a theme I like but the wallpaper of the theme I want to change?
  7. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^^^ replace the Wallpaper.png in the folder of your theme
    simple as that
  8. Maddiator

Maddiator New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ?!

I'm using WinScp to change my Wallpaper know, but it's annoying to SSH into your iPod all the time to change you springboard wallpaper...
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it's not a problem and that IS how you fix it OR...

enable "User Wallpaper" in Winterboard and select from your pictures on your iPod

EDIT : i just read that you don't HAVE wallpaper in settings. nevermind
  10. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol install something which changes your settings.app and it will give u wallpaper back

(i have the old version of supreme prefs so when i want to change the wallpaper i simply apply it and then un-apply it)