Wallpaper location

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Loudmouth2332, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just started using 1.1.4 from a soft 1.1.3 JB so please forgive the ignorance. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for by searching so i was hoping someone could help me out.

Can anyone tell me where the wall papers are stored? Like the ones for the lock background, not the ones for the springboard. I know i can just change the lockbakground.jpg file in library but I can download wallpapers from installer and they show up in the setting-->wallpaper section and I was wondering where these downloaded ones were stored so I could add my own to this location. I know it used to be in coreservices but i don't see that when I SSH in anymore.

Anyone got a clue?
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hey go into /Library (not private/var, or anything, just the main Library from [root]) then to the Wallpaper directory.
  3. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ah gotcha...

i feel like i should have known that, but thanks man
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No problem, took me a while to find, too. I didn't think it would be that easy to locate

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sometimes when i click on /Library/Wallpaper in winscp i get the following error

No such file or directory.
    Error code: 2
    Error message from server: No such file
    Request code: 11

i can still see and change wallpaper on the ipod but obviously cant add anything new. last time i did a restore and it was fine, but i dont wanna have to do that again. can anyone explain how i can see the folder again by SSH?
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sorry, marko, I use iphonebrowser (too lazy to log in all the time) and I've never had that problem.