Wallpaper is stuck

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ddebella, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ddebella

ddebella New Member

Hi Everyone, somehow, I got the wallpaper stuck on the screen where I type a password to get into my phone. I've got installer etc. etc. I changed this wallpaper before doing jailbreak and cannot change it back. I even tried deleting the photo I was using. But there it always is. Can anyone who may have experienced this problem help me please. I have a 8g iphone with 1.1.4
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

manually delete it via SSH
  3. ddebella

ddebella New Member

I have seen ssh mentioned before, but I'm afraid I have no idea what that means or how to do it
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

search on here or on youtube for iPhone SSH tutorials
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

6. ddebella

ddebella New Member

ok, I'll start learning right now. Thank you very much for your quick help. My experience with ziphone is perfect except for this one glitch. Any sim works, everything else also works perfectly. It scared me too when downloading. I was sure I'd be buying a new iphone but had to try it. I'm very happy that I did.
  7. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

don't worry, SSH is quite an easy concept to understand once you've used it a few times

It looked scary to me at first, but now I'm a pro at it :]
  8. ddebella

ddebella New Member

ok, i've got it on my laptop now but can't find user/library/lockbackground.jpg I cannot find user. I can find library and inside of it is no lockbackground.jpg there is a wallpaper folder but all in there have names like 105thumbnail.png
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have to leave now for a few hours. I'll check back asap and send a pm if necesary. thanks
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Then, navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library and delete LockBacground.png
  10. ddebella

ddebella New Member

Thanks everyone again. It worked perfectly. I see that its possible to move most anything in and out of my phone here without bothering with itunes. You are all quite amazing with the forums and the knowledge available in them. I started working at GE in 1969 two blocks from IBM in San Jose, Ca. (kind of the start of computers) and was a keypunch operator and later when we got computers I had one of the first Tandy Computers (not that they were really computers, but amazing in that time). So I consider myself fairly computer literate until I see all that is possible. Obviously learning more is always possible.