Wallpaper in Winterboard fix?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by MrGreencastle, Jun 21, 2009.

1. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

So I've been seeing a few issues with people not being able to get wallpapers from themes working properly. I had this issue at first aswell, but I may have found a temporary fix.

I had to manually change the Wallpaper.jpg in the User Wallpaper theme that is included by default in Winterboard. Then, I opened up the Winterboard settings, and dragged User Wallpaper to the very top to load it first, and enabled it. After a respring, I had my green wallpaper working fine.

I hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How did you get mmp flip to work.
  3. MrGreencastle

MrGreencastle New Member

Uninstall all instances of MMP Flip from Cydia. SSH into your iPod Touch, and copy/replace the file I attached into the directory:

Code:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app
    Then respring and it should work fine. This also solves the issue of music not launching from Spotlight. The only downside is the double-tapping home button no longer opens up the control thing if your music is STOPPED, it still works if music is on pause though. I solved this by changing the double-tap action to open the music app instead.

Attached Files:

4. nitesoul

nitesoul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ahh i been trying to get it working for awhile, what do u mean u had to manually change the wp.jpg? atm i have smoog theme, the wallpaper is just black on springboard, i tried userwallpaper and its still black :0
  5. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've never had issues with winterboard on 3.0.... but I also don't use mmp flip
  6. Squadala

Squadala New Member

Hmmm it didn't seem to work for me, it's still just black...
  7. iJizz

iJizz New Member

How'd you get reflective dock? Do you have to SSH?
  8. xsouldeath

xsouldeath New Member

i installed some windows 7 theme i tried uninstalling that from icy.. since my cydia is dead but yeah.. now winterboard user wallpaper settings does NOT work. I just see a lame black backgruond no matter what i check off..

my 3.0 firmware jailbroken with redsnow v0.8 ipod touch 2nd gen has a few problems
    1) cydia opens and closes
    2) terminal opens and closes
    3) ipod touch ALWAYS says updating library, even if i dont sync with itunes, all i do is turn off , turn on , click music, it will say updating library, this will take a few minutes

i dont mind restoring to 3.0 firmware and then rejailbreaking.. but i need to at least save a list of all my jailbroken applications.. i dont trust aptbackup..
    i will also upload screenshots of my 4 screens worth of icons just to be on the safe side
    .. and a weird thing is after i restore to 3.0 firmware and install some cydia apps and restore from itunes backup.. cydia dies. what in restoring backup could kill cydia..