wallpaper in ipod touch 2.0.1

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by MOS3, Aug 11, 2008.

1. MOS3

MOS3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys, I know this might be a noob question, but I really don't know what to do. As we all know, by default, wallpapers don't show in the main screen in ipod touch, unlike iphone. They just show up in the "slide to unlock" screen. back when I had 1.1.4 installed, I could use summerboard (SMB) preferences to change my wallpaper and they actually showed up in the main screen. It was great. I know it hasn't been ported to 2.0 yet but I was wandering if that was posible with winterboard?, cuz the only way I can make a wallpaper appear is through SSH and I don't want to SSH everytime I want to change a wallpaper. Any help with this guys? thanx a lot in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can change the springboard background with Winterboard.
  3. MOS3

MOS3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanx and sorry to bother you again, but how exactly? when I open winterboard all I see is:
    Black Navigation Bars
    Saurik
    Transparent Icon Labels
    User Wallpaper

If I uncheck "default" I get the black background wallpaper, if I check it I get the one I SSH into my ipod. One other thing this "springboard" is an app I must install or something? cuz I don't think I have that one...I only have wintertboard

thanks again

4. boardinfreak9

boardinfreak9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    springboard is your main screen with all your apps. that is your springboard.

in winterboard select "user wallpaper" in order to show the wallpaper you selected thru settings/general/wallpaper
  5. MOS3

MOS3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ah I see...thanks for explaning me that

, but still...my wall paper doesn't change even if I click on User Wallpaper. It still shows the pic I SSH into my ipod. Maybe it has something to do with that? should I delete the pic through SSH?

EDIT: ok I can change my wallpaper now without SSH into my ipod (thanks again) but in order to do it I have to select a wallpaper in my ipod, then go to winter board, uncheck user wallpaper, wait for the changes to take effect, go into winterboard again and check user wallpaper. That's the way the wallpapers show up. Is this correct? or should they just change immediately when I select the wallpapers?