Wallpaper.app gallery not showing up...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheAppleTree, Apr 6, 2008.

1. TheAppleTree

TheAppleTree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So I upgraded to 1.1.4 recently... and just before I did this, I had installed the Wallpaper application. I had added about 11 Wallpapers to my gallery, and they were showing up just fine, before. However, when I upgraded I think the original list stayed the same... and somehow the linking got all messed up. Now my Wallpapers have 11 blank spots at the bottom, and I can't add new wallpapers with the app

Please Register or Log in to view images

If anyone knows where this linking happens, or has a suggestion about what I could try to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Things I've tried:
    I restarted (of course)
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the Wallpaper application and added new Walls to the gallery (Note, it can set a wallpaper to be the main one, but I can't find where it actually exists on my ipod... and it can't remember more than one)
    I copied the original Wallpaper library folder (which contained the 11 walls)

Thank you so much in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. tipii

tipii New Member

i think its in like /var/mobile/media/wallpaper. try finding the white wallpapers and then reinstalling wallpaper. annd worst case scenario a restore to fix it.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Look in /Library/Wallpaper.
  4. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    First of all, thank you both for your responses!

^Yes, I put the folder containing all 11 wallpapers right there... I know that path was done correctly. But for some reason the application couldn't see them. I even deleted that folder and added a new wall to the gallery, hoping that it would create the folder in the correct location, but it didn't. I also tried leaving the folder but deleting the contents and adding a new wall, but it still didn't pop up in the correct place.

^^I will restore if I have to, but I'm a little concerned that somehow this problem persisted through my last restore. That is, when I did the restore, my ipod wasn't really wiped at all. This linking issue carried over immediately, even on the fresh, new restore. As soon as I looked at my wallpapers, the 11 empty slots were already there.

I think that this is because of how I relocated my Applications folder. For some reason, BossTool wouldn't do the relocate for me, so I did it manually on the WinSCP command prompt. I think I stuck it in the wrong directory, though... which may be the source of my issues. I put it into private/var/root instead of private/var.
  5. tipii

tipii New Member

no none of those files are able to be opened soo thats not it. try /var/mobile/library/wallpaper
    thats where my wallpaper gallery is located

edot: hmm that stinks. so ur saying u restored but it didnt actually restore ur ipod?
  6. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    Well.. it updated to the most recent firmware and everything... but nothing was wiped. All of my wallpapers/music/pictures/apps were still there on my ipod... that's unusual, right?
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you choose to "restore to a backup" in iTunes, post restore, certain things/settings will remain. For example my faketime text will remain if I resort to a backup in Itunes.