Wall charger for iPod touch 1G

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cosmocrazy, Nov 14, 2008.

1. cosmocrazy

cosmocrazy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently bought this wall charger for supposedly the iPhone 1G, around there: [www.monoprice.com]

It says "compatible with 1G iPhone", but when I started to use it with my 1G iPod touch, it started to behave erratically. It DID charge up the battery to a usable state (around 10%), but it doesn't go any higher over the course of 2 hours. In addition, it behaves strangely in Safari in that it "vibrates" the page even as I'm not moving my finger on the screen (my finger is on the screen but not moving).

I thought these iPod chargers were universal? What do you suggest I do?
  2. snotboy33

snotboy33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    hello there. I have the same wallcharger (mine is black) Its working for me, it charges 100% etc...

So your charger is most likely broken.
  3. cosmocrazy

cosmocrazy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe it is, but I was wondering whether anyone else had these kinds of symptoms with their chargers.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It looks like you purchased a cheap knock-off charger, to be honest.
  5. cosmocrazy

cosmocrazy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh, forgive me for not wanting to spend $50 for a charging solution from Apple. (USB wall plug+cable). This cost me a grand total of $5, shipping incuded.

Upon furthur testing, I've observed that this product works perfectly with older iPods, namely an 3G nano. It brought it from dead to fully charged. Unfortunetly it doesn't work with my iPod touch. It will only charge to 10% before running off the charger.