Wall charger broken

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Bulbuzor, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys,

So I received my wall charger today, and it worked perfectly

Please Register or Log in to view images

for 30 mins

So yeah, it just, won't charge my iPod (it's not even "detected), if I mess with the thing and the cable I can get it to detect it but it won't work for long ^^'

So, how could I repair it or even simply find what's the problem?
    I have an original Apple's one

Thanks,
    Niko

2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Ask for a replacement or your cable is broken.
  3. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok I'll email the guy, its not the cable
  4. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you bought it second hand?
    never expect it to be working perfectly when you buy it second hand.
    but i would try a different cable if i were you before completely giving up on it.
  5. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I bought it from eBay it's an original Apple's, I looked the feedback all were good (about the same product)

I'll e-mail him (or her)
  6. jimmy098

jimmy098 New Member

Re : Wall charger broken

Imagine, for a moment, a device with two modes: Travel around, and you get a version of the iPhone OS modified to suit a big screen, but heavily oriented towards multitouch navigation. But dock it, and you can flip over to a lightweight version of OS X, with a mouse-oriented interface as well as productivity software like iWork and iLife. Maybe there is a multimodal way of handling software as well. Touch-based video and photo editing for tablet mode, mouse-based editing for desktop mode.

Or, short of a true dual-mode computer, how about tight integration between the tablet and your other connected devices over a network? Any tablet is bound to function as a secondary computer for most owners, so how's about supercharging Bonjour—it works on both Mac and PC—so that it can drag and drop from the tablet directly to a desktop computer with touchscreen network map, or vice versa. The device could easily work as a large-screen remote control for all of the networked devices around your house—much like the Apple Remote app for iPhone does now, but far richer. Stream video to the tablet while you walk around, prop up the device on a kitchen counter, then pause the video, walk into the living room and throw it up to the Apple TV attached to your large-screen flat-panel (Apple TV doesn't seem so pointless now, does it?). Did your friend just walk into your house with a tablet of his own? Apple could steal an idea from early Microsoft Zunes (seriously!) and allow for a quick ad hoc network to throw him a photo or do some instant collaborative work.

Depending on how connected it is, the tablet could be a pretty compelling gateway to your home content on the road, as well. Apple's acquisition of Lala allows for streaming content (movies and music) both from the cloud and your own home network to either an iPhone or tablet device. For music, an iPhone would suffice, but the tablet size is far more conducive to movies.

Finally, there's Web browsing. It's pretty obvious that a tablet would be first and foremost a Web-browsing device. The iPhone does a pretty good job of navigating the Web, and it would be easy to play it safe and simply migrate the tap, flick and drag multitouch metaphor up to a larger screen. But there's the opportunity to do some far more interesting stuff. A big screen could allow you to bring multiple pages up at once with a gesture (say, to compare a price at Amazon with one at Newegg). If Apple invests in a true multitouch (i.e., more than two fingers at a time) screen, there is the possibility for multi-fingered or even two-handed gestures that can get both more complex and more intuitive. There's been a lot of talk about Apple's tablet challenging the e-reader space, and it could make for a pretty compelling way to read a full-color newspaper or magazine. But well-thought-out gesture navigation could turn also turn everyday Web pages into a more lean-back magazine-like reading experience.

Obviously, I'm just blue-skying here, but this is exactly the sort of intelligence that could exist in such a device (and that's not even considering all of the possibilities that could come from app developers down the road). And it's this sort of stuff that could make Apple's tablet truly unique. Otherwise, it's just a big iPhone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

anti aging secrets | used rv motorhomes nc | Free Acai Berry trials
  7. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wtf?
    Sorry I didn't took time to read cause I'm kinda in hurry but what's the link with wall charger?

Btw, for the wall charger, I emailed the guy he's sending me another one

8. AllGoodMoney

AllGoodMoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    there should be some sort of warranty on it that you may be able to take advantage of. call apple
  9. anisebal

anisebal New Member

There are two possibilities that your charger was broken one is that your charger is change or bad piece who is shifted to you because you didn't took from the shop directly and another one is that possible that the voltage of the power in your house is changing.
    So I think you should have to look it carefully.
  10. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ...?

As I said I had simply e-mailed the guy, he sent me another and it works like a charm
    So I got an Apple's wallcharger for less then $10