"Waiting for activation, This may take some time" ERROR!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by supahonkey, Nov 11, 2007.

1. supahonkey

supahonkey New Member

I jailbreaked my touch when the mod first came out. I haven't had any trouble with it until yesterday. I went to installer to check out the latest stuff available. I downloaded the update for the pdf viewer. After downloading the update, I went back to my "desktop". My main Music, Photos, and Videos icons had been moved from the bottom of the screen to the desktop. The mail and Safari icon are now at the bottom.

My iPod now tells me, "Waiting for activation, this may take some time." I then hit dismiss, and the upper left hand part of the screen displays "No Service." I can switch pages on my desktop, but if I try to open any application, the icon turns grey and nothing happens. Any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks.

brenton
  2. zzchatom

zzchatom Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    2 words .............your screwed
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    that sounds bad i think you may have to restore it, have you tryed removing the up date and stuff

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. supahonkey

supahonkey New Member

Ah... I figured the answer wouldn't be good. I removed the PDF viewer from the Applications folder, but that didn't seem to take care of it. It is obvious that more than just the PDF viewer was updated, but I didn't know that there was some sort of automatic update for certain applications once installer is opened. I will wait another day to see if someone else chimes in before I restore it. Thanks.