wait while your ipod is prepared....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Hockeyman271, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Hockeyman271

Hockeyman271 New Member

when using quickpwn to jailbreak my itouch 2.2 (the old version) it stops at wait while your ipod is prepared for jailbreaking, and then it says "uploading exploit bootloader" on the bottom and it never goes anywhere from this screen.
  2. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iPod Touch. iTouch is bad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Are you using the correct version of QuickPwn? 2.2 is the right one.
  3. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Make sure you're using the correct untouched/modified Firmware 2.2.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    All the things you guys want with absolutely no issues or anything that would lead to stupid and multiple threads
  5. Hockeyman271

Hockeyman271 New Member

yea i have the latest version, and unmodified firmware, and still it stops there every time
  6. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, it happened to me too.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry for the double post, but I really need a solution to this problem. I have no trouble getting my ipod into the DFU mode, but once Quickpwn starts to jailbreak it, I hear a *usb unplugged* tone from my computer. Then a pop-up from my toolbar says that Windows can't recognize the device. The jailbreaking process doesn't get any further than the first "uploading." I left it for an hour and it still didn't move on.

I tried everything from reinstalling itunes, trying it on 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2 but nothing works. I have been able to jailbreak 1.1.4, though.

I'm on a Windows XP Home Edition SP3. I did NOT upgrade my USB to 2.0 - could that be an issue?

Please help!
  7. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i fixed this by downloading it, selecting the run option under run or save, and opening it in winRAR. after u get it in winRAR, DONT EXTRACT IT. just open it unextracted and try it again.
  8. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, if you open it in winRAR it automatically extracts it. I tried opening it directly from the winRAR page, and running it, but Windows still can't recognize my ipod after Quickpwn tries to jailbreak it. I have some reason to believe that maybe it's just my computer, but I don't have access to another one right now. My computer is still on USB 1.1, so could that be the problem?

And when you were referring to "it," you were talking about Quick pwn, right?

Sorry for being a noob.

[Update]
    Well, I finally gave up on my computer and went to my friend's house to jailbreak. Thankfully it worked on his computer (Vista w/ USB 2.0). But what could have been the problem? Any suggestions, since the next time I upgrade firmwares I don't want to have to deal with this again (or else I'll never upgrade - 2.2 jailbroken is awesome!).