Wait, what just happened?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeadlyD™, May 28, 2010.

1. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, I was thinking of Jailbreaking my iPod Touch. So I go into iTunes to update to 3.1.3 and to sync my new music. Then I notice somthing. iTunes doesn't have a App scetion, in my Library. But I know Iv'e sent my Apps from my iPod Touch into this iTunes. Also my iPod's name was Damian's iPod, but now its just iPod touch. Please tell me what the heck is going on.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you had to first complete a backup before you updated and then restore to that backup after the update
  3. jellydonuts

jellydonuts New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Your scores are gone forever now, unless you somehow backed them up. Other than that, you're at square 1 again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Happened to me, I was pissed when that happened.
  4. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, my iPod isn't jailbroken. I don't even know why I encluded that in the post, I was just saying that I WAS GOING to jailbreak it. Anyways, I unplug my iPod, then plug it back in and the Apps come back up, buy the name is still iPod touch. Not all that big a deal, but I wanna know what happened.
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    did you read my post? i said nothing about being jailbroken. that applies to everyone.
  6. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes I read it, but sorry it didn't make much since. Also I didn't update to 3.1.3 yet. Just trying to figure out how to get my iPod names back to Damian's iPod, not just iPod touch.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I fell so dumb, I changed the name back. Before I get confused people asking what the problem with my iPod is, can a Mod lock this thread please?
  7. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok to the left it sais iPod Touch right? click on it once then you should be able to change it
  8. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You didn't update or anything at all? Hmm.. Same computer and everything? You can change the name by connecting your iPod Touch to iTunes and then double click on the iPod Touch name in the left side of iTunes.

Edit: Damn you j-phone :b