WAIT if thinking about buying a Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 4dthinker, Mar 7, 2008.

1. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

If you've been wanting a Touch, please consider this:

In June there will be a new firmware update, and it will cost anyone with a Touch a "Nominal Fee". It might be $1 or it might be $20, we don't know yet. Shortly after that new Touch's will reach the retail chain and be priced the same or LESS than you will pay today. They will have the new firmware and it will not be an added fee.

So please put off your purchase until after the June firmware update. You'll save money, and it will send a subtle message to Apple that in again charging current Touch owners they are making any Touch's currently in the retail chain worth less (worthless?).

4D
    1 person likes this.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And pigs will fly and Jesus shall descend from the Heavens to take souls to heaven.

And the War in Iraq will finally be over and the world will celebrate 1,000 Years of a Utopian Society.

Man am I way out of Line.
  3. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Naw. It's just the flying pigs that is (are?) unlikely. Of course with the new DNA hacking going on we may see a cross between a pig and something that can fly. Probably still won't fly, though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

My local Target has pre-January Touch's for sale right next to post-January Touch's. The pre's are $20 less. Makes perfect sense, but I asked the clerk and he says they will be marking the pre's down more because since they put the post's in the case they haven't sold a single pre.

If Apple doesn't immediately lower the prices of all Touch's a "nominal fee", then anyone buying one before the June update is going to have to pay MORE for it like we early adopters are. Simple math. Every Touch in the retail chain is now worth less but will cost you the same.
  4. Yeahyeahyeah

Yeahyeahyeah New Member

Wow, go three months without a Touch just to save $20?

I'm not so sure about that.

I know you're just trying to help people, and that's very nice of you.
  5. noipodtouch

noipodtouch New Member

thats like saying wait till September because apple will "likely" release the ipod touch2 and it will " likely" be better and "likely" cost the same.
  6. toehead

toehead New Member

7. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

this is really dumb thinking in my opinion...why would you wait 4-6 months just to save your self around 10-40 dollars...you have to be really cheap to do that
  8. blurx

blurx Member

It's better to have apps for firmware already made than wait for the new devices for their applications.
  9. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha,...you sound like Tourettes Guy

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, you've hit upon a basic problem with the technology industry; the pace of development is so fast that the moment you've bought something, a better product will be released. In the long run, $20 (or whatever the upgrade costs) means very little to the majority of people with enough extra cash to buy an iPod Touch in the first place.