"Wait For Untethered"

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hackey_Sack, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm trying to convince my dad to let me jailbreak my 3g iPod Touch. I've done my research and consider myself fairly educated, at least about the basics, but I couldn't find one thing. On this very forum, I've heard people say "Oh, tethered jailbreak sucks" (obviously a paraphrase) and get the response "Wait for untethered, then." Does using blackra1n prevent you from being able to use greenpois0n in the future, or are you just saying "Shut up, the solution's on the way."?

I'm 99% sure it's the second, but 99% won't cut it for my dad.

Thanks!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    blackra1n does not prevent you from doing anything, except for rebooting your device with a computer. You can alway just safely restore your device in iTunes if you need to, then use greenpois0n when it is released.
  3. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's what I figured.

Thanks!
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's the second. Basically, if people complain about how 'blackra1n sucks because it's tethered', then others tend to tell them that they don't have to use it if they don't want to, no one is forcing them. And if they don't want to use it, then they should wait for an untethered and stop complaining.
  5. crackinhedz

crackinhedz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    even though 3.1.2 is "tethered", it just means when the iTouch is powered down or rebooted, you have to run blackra1n.exe again...but its simple only takes a few seconds. A very minor inconvenience.

Jailbreak it my friend, what are you waiting for?!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. codemarshank

codemarshank New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Tethered is NOT that bad. Yes, you do have to connect your iPod to your computer and use BlackRa1n every time you reboot your iPod. However, this is ONLY when it's been rebooted, not when it's gone to "sleep." IE, you can click the power/lock button once to lock it, then click it again later on to unlock it and you still don't have to blackra1n it again. I've had mine jailbroken since early December and haven't had to blackra1n it once. So long as you charge your iPod before its battery runs out and don't shut it down for any reason, you're good.
  7. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the help, guys. I'm definitely using blackra1n (at least, if I ever get through to Dad.), but I would like to get greenpois0n once it's out.

Either way, I'm jailbreaking next Christmas at the latest. (I'm not allowed to jailbreak during my one year warranty, yet.)
  8. jkb242

jkb242 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ChrisL is correct---its a lot of complaining but teathered or not the recovery even from powering of the iTouch is so simply and fast and you are right back to where you were the when you powered it down. I was nervous as well but I have tried this three times and it works flawlessly--do it--cut the strings and enjoy all the benefits!!
  9. LH08WDC

LH08WDC New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you do jailbreak it and something happens, you can uninstall it and apple would not know you did it. Its your decision tho.