Wait for June, right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tigercat212, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone! So, I am thinking about getting my first iPhone and I don't want to make the same mistake I made with my Macbook which I got one month before they were updated. So, since I am hearing so much talk about a new iPhone at WWDC, should I wait to see if an improved iPhone is announced/released? What are people predicting? Better camera? MMS? I've seen that "spy shot" of the "new" iPhone and I'm not sure I would be very happy with what appears to be a metal back. Do you think it would be good to go with metal again? Is it comfortable in the hand? Lastly, for people who live in the NYC metro area, is AT&T service good? On the coverage map, it says I have the best call reception and 3G reception. I have full 3G on the map for about 50 sq. miles so do you think I will ever lose 3G when I am near my house? I may add more to this tomorrow, because I am on my iPod Touch now, but if you can help me, please do so! Lastly, I am considering selling my iPod Touch 2G jailbroken on eBay to pay for the cost of the iPhone? What would be a reasonable asking price?
  2. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When it comes to Apple products, wait.
    They always have a product that outdoes their previous one that comes out a few months/year later.
    I honestly don't know one place in NYC that wouldn't have cellphone/3G service (Its the fricken most populated place in the US, right?)
    and as for selling your ipod touch, you should sell it for 55%-80% that you paid for it, depending on the condition of it

and you cannot sell it jailbroken, i think (correct me if I'm wrong)
  3. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Simple restore will fix that
  4. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Quality, Reception, Colors, Rumors?

Really? You cannot sell it jailbroken. Okay, a few more questions. So, my entire family uses Verizon Wireless and obviously I am going to be the odd person out when I get an iPhone 3G (or whatever the next iteration of the iPhone is) on AT&T. So, I live just outside of NYC and I was wondering how good the service is on AT&T for those who live in the METRO area? I actually had AT&T before but I ditched it for Verizon after the New England Blackout of 2003 where I had no service for 12 hours! Has the service gotten better since then? I also heard that is it the fastest 3G network and has the best coverage and call quality. Can someone verify this?

Last question for now. If the next version of the iPhone still has color options of black and white, which color should I get? Originally, I was thinking of getting white because it would be unique, but now I feel that the white may br a bit too feminine for me and I think that the black probably accents the chrome more and is more visually appealing. What do you all think?

Also, have there been any more leaked shots or information about the "new iPhone" in June?

Thanks in advance!

Tigercat212
  5. forfun

forfun New Member

hey buddy i'm intrested in you ipond touch 2G jailbroken how much would you bid?
  6. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would probably consider selling it in June/July or when the "new" iPhone is announced/released for around $300, although that price could vary.
  7. Yongobongo

Yongobongo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can, but best to state it in the description of your item.