Preview [W-I-P] Unsure of a name. YOU DECIDE

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by tomcooldrummer, Aug 5, 2010.

1. tomcooldrummer

tomcooldrummer New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    well my last theme seemed to be a no starter and I now see why. I was looking at making something that was just a border and some mediocre glyphs. This time iI am focusing alot on the glyphs and how the gloss works with it. So here is my latest theme...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. JackT09

JackT09 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if i was you i would use a glyph pack also they look really rushed
    oh and there is no shadow, but i do want to see what this looks when completed
  3. iP0dT0uch1

iP0dT0uch1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The overlay looks too dominant IMO
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

I like the fact that you have tried to make your own glyphs.

Saying that, what you have done looks like a 5 minute job with everything slapped onto a canvas.

All the icons are flat, as Jack said, there is no shadow. You need to add shadows onto the base. It will greatly improve the look of the base.

Each of the glyphs are off centre, I highly you learn to use the pen tool and then use said tool to create glyphs.

The appstore glyph is by far the worst, its off centre (as said above) and its squished together. Look at other appstore icons and re-draw it.

The phone glyph is to thin, the bottom and sides should be thicker.

Get rid of the maps icon.

Cydia icon is ok I guess, as is settings, the glyphs just need to be centred.

You could also add something behind the glyphs onto the base, like the sunburst effects, or strips.

I also suggest you remove that weird, circle gloss, it doesn't work at all.
  5. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I like that you've made your own glyphs, the Cydia one looks quite nice but you need to work on them more to get the right perspective. When you do get them right, at least you can say your theme is unique - you haven't just used someone elses glyph pack without trying.

However, you need to spend a little more time perfecting the base - add texture and change the gloss.
  6. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its looks ok could use some improvements in the pictures on the icons in my opinion
  7. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    To be honest, I love the "weird, circle gloss", but I agree with everything else in he thread.