Vvvvvvvvvvvv - and no, this is not spam

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by verteidi, Jul 4, 2009.

1. verteidi

verteidi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everyone,

it has been really hot and humid here lately and it seems my iPod touch is not taking it well at all. Here's my story:

The day before yesterday I went from lockscreen homescreen by touching the screen, sliding my index finger from left to right and raising it from the screen again. Now you may secretly think: "Everyone knows that, what's so special about it? I already thought from the title of this thread that this guy is a little..." But wait what happened next: Without moving my index finger at all, the mail app, which is in my dock, opened. And then an email opened. I double checked if I really didn't touch the screen anywhere, hit the Home button, went to the search screen (I'm on 3.0) and put the iPod on the table - no contact to me whatsoever. And there it was, entering "v" in a steady rythm, clicking away. I rebooted - it didn't help. I restored - "Vvvvvvvvvv...". I gave it a nights' rest, let it cool down, rebooted - "3333333..." (I tried the calculator app, for a change).

I was absolutely frustrated and took it to the apple store right the next day. In fact, I felt like crying, since it reminded me of the time approximately 30 cars ran over my iRiver H300 after the belt clip gave up on me - but that is a different story. The guy over there was a standard, bored apple store employee. But when I showed him what my iPod could do, he cracked a series of jokes, got his colleagues and even wrote "As if by a ghost hand, the iPod hits the letter 'v'..." in the official report. It will be returned to me next week or, more likely, in a month, if every regional apple employee wants to take a look at it.

Did anyone ever have this kind of problem with their ipod? And perhaps even knows what the cause was? i would be more than interested.

Regards, verteidi
  2. joe0245

joe0245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Should or tried restoring before taking it to the apple store.
  3. verteidi

verteidi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I restored and it didn't change.
  4. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He tried it , you didn't read what he wrote ?

In the past I had too some minor problems , but after a night rest all would be ok !

Good luck with your iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. verteidi

verteidi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you, I really hope they will fix this, as I have heard a couple of stories from people where apple refused to repair their device, because it supposedly had been "submerged in water". My iPod wasn't anywhere near water, though, i try to keep really good care of it.