VPN Connection Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by U_Fig, Mar 11, 2009.

1. U_Fig

U_Fig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey i've an iPhone 3g running 2.2 and jailbroken....basically in my college we have wireless internet access via a pptp vpn using a pac file to go through a proxy...configuring this is not a problem but after when trying to connect i cannot access any other site than the college site.....i had the same connection on my iPod touch before and could and have it on my laptop which is runnig xp...and both of these had unrestricted internet access..anyone know what might be causing this problem...everytime i try to load a page other than my college website i get the message "Cannot Connect To Server"....i think it might be safari not picking up the proxy because you don't need the proxy to view the college site....
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

well at the U of A, everything is WPA Enterprise, so you just need your campus ID and your password. but for VPN, im not really sure. try talking to the main office in campus for help with their wireless service.
  3. U_Fig

U_Fig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it must be something with the iPhone cause the same connection worked with my iPod Touch running the 2.2 firmware in December