VolumeButtonExtender/VMCSettings conflict?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hackey_Sack, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have both VMCSettings and VolumeButtonExtender. For the uninformed, VMCSettings allows you to turn the Vol+ button into a next track button, and Vol- into prev. track. VolumeButonExtender makes a hold of he Vol+ into next track and a hold of Vol- into prev. track. It also turns pressing both simultaneously into a play/pause gesture. I'd like this play/pause feature, but I'd prefer VMC's method of changing tracks. VMC creates an app to turn its various features on/off, so I decided I'd get VolumeButtonExtender to see if it would come with settings. It doesn't. Also, VMC takes priority. So while I still have my next/prev. track buttons, the fact that there's a conflict at all disables VolumeButtonExtender's play/pause function. Even if I turn off VMC, VolumeButtonExtender is completely disabled. Is there any way I can get them to play nicely?

Thanks.
  2. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    As the creator of VMCSettings I can tell you that they will not work together. The reason is they both hook the same function in SpringBoard, so only 1 of them gets priority. Also VMC has a settings you can turn on to allow you to play/pause by pressing the 2 buttons simultaneously.
  3. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There's a setting to press up then down to pause, but unless you forgot to release the latest version...

Please Register or Log in to view images