Volume with AVSystemController

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by gojohnnyboi, Jun 3, 2008.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Ok, so i was messing around with Celestial today, and when looking upon the header for AVSystemController, i found something that caught my eye, a volume setting method. So, i whipped up a quick little test app with a slider to test my theory.

It works!, shows the HUD and everything(which can easily be disabled with a bool, in the UIApplication header), but my problem is determining the CURRENT volume.

Anyone know the code to return the current volume of the device, like PocketTouch does (i think) in the top right?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

First you're asking for the brightness, now you're trying to control the volume. I am curious as to what you are trying to make. It sounds like you're trying to make a clone of my app...
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

As far as i knew, your application didn't control brightness...And i'm trying to learn new things. Notice i haven't released an app in quite some time? I bought NerveGas' book the other day, and i've been hitting it hard. I'm making sample apps on how to do things to learn more, as you suggested I do at an earlier date. Nothing involving the information needed here on ipodtouchfans will be put into an application, for public release.

However, i've seen the brightness question again and again, how it doesn't work for people, but i think i may just have to have a UISliderControl range a HUGE value span, so that i can test that theory.

But please, the information is highly appreciated.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

There are three different ways to control the brightness. To control that, use the C functions (*hint*).

And for the record, brightness was one of the first things I added to PocketTouch. You know, it's AutoDim feature,
  5. God__

God__ New Member

To elaborate, only one of those three methods will work, the one Skylar is hinting at.

Edit: And I can only presume he is hinting so that you have to find out and learn yourself. After all, it isn't quite the same if all your answers are fed to you. So I also won't tell you how to do this.