Volume too loud on IPT3G, any apps to fix it???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ssnova703, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ssnova703

ssnova703 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I recently got an ipodtouch 3g. I'd like to use it for music and video, except there's a problem, the volume is waaaay too loud, even on one bar(lowest volume setting). Blows my ears and rattles my buds(JVC Marshmallows).

It's kind of disappointing/aggravating, spending so much money on a device that can't fine tune the volume.

*note # 1: I'm asking about app/software solutions, I'm aware that I could buy a hardware volume controller, or another set of headphones, but I'm trying to not to do that.
    *note # 2:I've tried lowering the volume on my itunes before transporting it, didn't seem to help, plus it's annoying to modify all my MP3's just for the ipod touch, as I use my mp3's on my other mp3 player.
    note # 3: when I did a search, the solutions from note#1 and note#2 came up.

So do you guys know of any app solutions(3rd party is fine since mine is jailbroken)?

And while I'm at it, does anyone know of a Bluetooth headphone volume controller app too? I have the Samsung WEP870, and the Ipod touch loses software control of the volume once it's paired with the BT headphones. And even on the lowest volume setting for the Samsung, it is again, too loud.
  2. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    try looking through cydia and searching "volume"
  3. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    In Cydia there is a volume widget for SBSettings that might be fine tune. But lowest bar shuld not be THAT loud. Might wanna check that out...
  4. ssnova703

ssnova703 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Appreciate it, I just got it. However it seems as if it just allows me to lower it like I would while playing music via a scrollbar, still useful though.
  5. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just go into the settings and set the volume limit to, say...half volume.
    Then, your "one notch" will be much softer.
  6. ssnova703

ssnova703 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I did this already, unfortunately it doesn't seem to scale. I made it so it was set to about a 1 notch limit, basically it seems like I only have one volume setting now. I wish it would divide and scale the volume from the limit, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
  7. ipodholic

ipodholic Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Too loud? Seriously? I always felt the iPod volume has been too soft, ever since the first classic iPod till now :|
  8. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if there is city noise its never too loud but if you're in a quiet room it is kinda loud, when I listen to it at night, the city noise is quiet enough to make the Ipod seem really loud.
  9. jakey103

jakey103 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think that there is a .plist file somewhere in the Celestialframeworks folder that you can edit to change the overall volume...
  10. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try to go to your settings, then music, then eq, then put it on small speakers it might make it sound lower