Volume sleep/wake button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jsplm, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Jsplm

Jsplm New Member

I recently bought and ipod touch 4G 32 gb off of amazon and when I got it the volume buttons where not working and the sleep/wake button went unresponsive at times. Me and my friends tried turning off the i pod and it took us 15 tries to do it. I restored it 4 times. I getting a replacement from amazon but just wanted to know if this had happened to anyone else?
  2. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    nope, haven't had any problems with mine. sounds like you just got unlucky :/
  3. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Sounds like a hardware issue rather then software.

Do you have an apple store in your area? If you do, I would have gone there. You could have gotten a replacement that same day.
  4. Jsplm

Jsplm New Member

No. the nearest apple store near me if 2 hours away and my dad wouldn't take me so I chose to return it. amazon did already place my order and gave me free 1 day shipping so it won't be that long. I mentioned this because there were threads on the apple site about other people having the problem also.( other wise the ipod was perfect no mic with wifi issue or light leaks) I actually hesitated on replacing it for the fear I would get a worse one.