Volume problems.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whatwhat300, Sep 1, 2008.

1. whatwhat300

whatwhat300 New Member

I had a winpwn'd 2.0.1 ipod touch, and then after a few days, i couldnt control the volume
    Its way too loud, no matter how much i move the knob it stays at 100%. The knob moves and stays, but the sound doesnt change
    So I restored to 2.0.2, and downgraded to 2.0. So right now its not pwned and the volume still stays at 100%.
    Can anyone help me?
  2. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    sounds like a hardware problem if you have already restored and it hasnt helped, id try going to an apple store and see if they can do anything
  3. whatwhat300

whatwhat300 New Member

i dont know if its a hardware problem because at times, the volume works again.
  4. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Restore it one more time, and if that doesn't work, take it to an Apple Store and get it replaced.

Just remember, if you got your iPod like when it first came out, your warranty is about to expire...

I got mine on September 22, 2007 so mine is about to be done with in a few weeks.
  5. whatwhat300

whatwhat300 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but before taking it to the apple store, are there any other solutions?
  6. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nah i dont think so. i have no idea how to fix it. it sounds like a hardware problem not just a software problem (which is good, it greatly increases your chance of being able to get it replaced @ apple)
  7. cainy

cainy New Member

just be sure to restore the firmware, with none jailbroken stuff if your returning it

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. VacTacks11

VacTacks11 New Member

Same problem I have.

I bought the 32GB V1 and immediately updated it to 2.1 by using the restore ipsw from

http://pfd.apple.com/ProtectedAsset...y=1221589973_faf1684c6de683a7fde8b1c528bda2c1

Now I can't control the volume. The volume slider moves up/down, but the volume in my headphones is set to Max, for both movies and videos.

I'm going to try restoring again... maybe I downloaded the iPod touch 2.1.1 firmware (for V2) and not 2.1 (for V1).

Seems to me the reason the volume slider isn't working is because the firmware is looking for the volume buttons now...

Here's hoping.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    That was exactly it. I restored using iPod touch 1.1 (2.1/5F137) and the volume control works now.

Check out this site - http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

It has all iPod firmware available for download.