Volume key problem on 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by harrystruman, Jul 2, 2010.

1. harrystruman

harrystruman New Member

Hi guys.

I have a 2nd Gen, MB model, and since a couple of months ago, I've noticed that the key for turning down the volume has to be pressed an awful lot to work. Up is ok, but down requires an unusual amount of strenght, even though sometimes (too little times) acts normal. It's not a firmware issue: since this problem my ipod has had 3 different versions of the OS (Right now, iOS4)

Someone else with this problem? What could I do, preferably without tearing the device apart? If it comes to that, is possible to open it and leave no trace of it? I mean trace in the "how does it look" way, the device itself is almost running out of warranty.

Thanks in advance.
  2. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have the same exact model and problem as you. It's probably just something you'll have to deal with, unless you really want to spend money on getting it fixed.
  3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3

Was the device dropped/thrown/damaged, in any way?

Does the device have a case? If not it SHOULD as this helps protect it.

Try and live with it, DON'T try and take it apart yourself.

In the meantime control the volume manually on the screen (works with music and some applications).

If your under warranty, contact apple otherwise search for iphone/ ipod touch repair shops in your area.

PEACE.
  4. harrystruman

harrystruman New Member