Volume Glitch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matt912836, Sep 10, 2010.

1. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For some reason when I dont have headphones in and the speaker is being used, the volume control only controls the music volume. I can have it all the way on mute but the keyboard still clicks and push notifications still make noise. Is this just me?
  2. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its normal just click volume button down one and its all the way mute. If you put headphones in it stays at that set volume even when unplugged until you press it down or up.
  3. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont have headphones in. The volume is all the way to zero, but the keyboard still clicks and I still hear push as if the volume was at max, but when music plays it obeys the volume position. When I play music, then the keyboard and stuff obeys the volume position. Once I pause it, the noises play at max, even though the volume is at 0 or 1.
  4. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well at the moment I dont have music on my iPod but that is what I am saying if you plugged headphones in and then unplugged you still have the volume from headphones if you press down button it fixes it. If your having something I don't completely understand try turning ipod on/off maybe a restore would work.
  5. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know it Keeps the position you had them in, thats not the problem.

It also happens when i have headphones plugged in. Volume is at 0, still hear keyboard clicks and push notifications at max... Is this a 4.1 glitch?
  6. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmm... try messing with the general settings? Settings > Sounds > Keyboard Clicks/Sound on-off...? I don't know. I have a 2G... I'm using it as a resource to help you. :3
  7. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have had this problem since 3.1 on my iPod touch 3G.
  8. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    On the 4g, there's a setting in the Sound settings somewhere that allows you to control the sound effects with the rocker volume buttons. Don't have my iPod with me right now, so I can't check for you. But it's there, I activated it.
  9. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks, got it.
    For anyone else who has this problem, just go to Settings - Sounds, and set "Change with Buttons" under Ringers and Alerts to ON.