Volume - circle motion like early models

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by fagan, Feb 20, 2008.

1. fagan

fagan New Member

My biggest gripe is the volume control. I suggest a circular motion to turn up and down volume just like on the older ipods but with touch. Can someone program this? it wold be an instant hit with many people. Perhaps even adding the functionality so it could be done while locked so you could adjust in your pocket!

If i learn how to code for it, this is the first thing I would do.!
  2. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes...it would be nice to have this..but mite i mention, searching...cos this has been posted so so so so many many times before...i understand ure a noob, but please try to understand others frustration as u fill up our servers.
  3. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I sooooooooo don't miss the click wheel from my 5G video.
  4. fagan

fagan New Member

tried searching but that stupid word vercation kept on failing. Man i hate thouse things and that one is particularly tough.
  5. fagan

fagan New Member

I also wonder if anyone is actualy having a go at this since its been mention
    "so so so so many times"
  6. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I absolutely hate the iPod Touch/iPhones volume control. It fails for me 2/3 goes. It would be better if you could change it by doing the "pinching" action you do on the web browser.
  7. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I have no problem with it. It takes literally a second or two to pull it out of my pocket or whatever and adjust the volume...
  8. tikiman11

tikiman11 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I wish the ipod had buttons on the side to turn the volume down/up, so it doesn't have to be taken out of the pocket, but i guess it wouldn't be a touch.
  9. tlknocke

tlknocke New Member

I wonder if anyone told you about the EDIT button so you don't double post.

I would hate this app.

And for the record, you can NOT do anything with the screen while the iPoT is locked. They why it's locked. That way, nothing can happen to it.

If you wanna make an app that makes it look like your iPoT is locked but can really adjust volume, go ahead.

I'm gonna stick with the slider volume control.

P.S. I really don't see why everyone is buying the iPoT and then complaining that it's not like the old iPods. OF COURSE IT ISN'T. WHY DID YOU BUY IT?
  10. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

it wouldn't be too hard to make it from a developers view, i mean touch here (12o'clock), touch here (3o'clock), touch here (6o'clock), etc. to make a circular motion, thus volume down, viceversa

i much prefer the slider anyway *shrugs* cool concept but no practical, takes room on the touch screen, space (mb)s, blah, blah