Volume Changes Randomly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cedem, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Cedem

Cedem New Member

I bought a Belkin fm transmitter to use with my ipod touch. I'm having an issue where the volume randomly changes on the ipod when I use it with the Belkin. Any thoughts as to how I could fix it, or can I just assume it's a bad transmitter?
  2. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I don't know how to fix it specifically, but if it's jailbroken, that might be the problem. It happened to me too, especially when low on memory, like after installing something in Cydia during a data reload-ification. It also happened randomly for no reason, so I would go into safe mode when I had my iPod in my pocket just in case. I would remove (or disable) some unneeded extensions.
  3. rufuscarlin

rufuscarlin New Member

Does the volume change also happen when you have headphones plugged in? It could be that the individual music tracks were converted at different bitrates. The higher the bitrate, the clearer the sound. If you went from a song encoded at 192, then went to a song encoded at 320, there would be a definite sound quality (and volume) difference.
  4. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Did it just sound louder or was there an actually indication that the volume increased. You might try running in safe mid if you are on a jail broken device or call the number on the box of the product and see if they know anything about it.
  5. Cedem

Cedem New Member

Thanks for the responses. My ipod is not jailbroken. And there is visual indication that the volume increases/decreases, the volume slide bar moves.

Any other thoughts? I already contacted Belkin about it but they just gave me some troubleshooting tips that did not help.
  6. Cedem

Cedem New Member

Any other thoughts on what I may be able to do with the ipod to correct these random volume changes? For the record, I've tried three different transmitters and all have different problems.
  7. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Try updating your iPod and then if that dont work DFU restore.
  8. Cedem

Cedem New Member

Updated my ipod and did a restore, same problem. For what it's worth, I tried my wife's really old first gen ipod with the fm transmitter and didn't have a problem.

Is there some setting unique to the touch that causes these random volume changes?
  9. Gregb

Gregb New Member

I know what the problem is, its the headphones, or the headphones slot. Its been happening to me for a while now, I've concluded that its thinking your taking your headphones out and in, so its switching between the speaker volume and your headphone volume. Although since your headphones are still plugged in, it doesn't play out loud.
    I'm working on a solution.
  10. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^if above is true
    then just set both volumes to the same one,
    and then it should work!!!!!