volume button broken?...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whatproblems, Jan 15, 2009.

1. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    so, anytime i click the volume down button on my ipod, it gets stuck... so the volume goes all the way down, and if you click the volume up button, it goes up to the first bar, then immediately back down... the only way to stop it from doing so is to restart the ipod... any ideas?
  2. Moose_

Moose_ New Member

Sounds like something might be stuck behind the volume button restricting its movement up and down. I don't suggest opening your iPod, but you could try getting a can of compressed air and blowing as much as you can behind the volume button. Either that or you have a faulty iPod.
  3. joorowned

joorowned New Member

How long have you had it? Did you press it too hard (or do you suspect you did)?
  4. *JustMe*

*JustMe* Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    mine does that too its so annoying!
    ive had mine since christmas i dont press it too hard just like any other time it only happens every once in a while
  5. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This happended to me, but mine was stuck going up up. For some reason it just stopped doing it one day and hasnt given me a problem since.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If a button is persistently malfunctioning, there is a good chance that Apple will replace or fix your iPod under warranty for free.
  7. 8gb>32gb

8gb>32gb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was using my ipod this morning and the volume worked fine. But I left for school then when I got home the button was stuck going up. No one even used it.. what do I do?

Doesn't matter, works now lol