Volume boost for BT Headsets

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Razor 116, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know there's a volume boost for the 3.0 OS but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the bluetooth headset volume. I've looked into the celestiel framework files and there are some references to BT headset volume similar to the regional volume plist settings.
    Im saying this because the volume on my Jabra BT3030 is low

Please Register or Log in to view images

Has anyone else had the same volume problem on their BT Headsets?
  2. CrapuleJack

CrapuleJack New Member

Apple is stupid

Apple did a stupid thing: when outputing to any BT headphones, volume get cranked up to MAX, no matter what. (even volume limit is bypassed). This is something that need to be fixed in the OS. So, essentially the iPhone/iPod is crippled and you can expect a fix for this... in a few years.
  3. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cydia apps that play music e.g. yxflash can increase and decrease the volume lie normal when outputting to BT headset. yxflash and dtunes are the only ones that i have tried and dtunes does not allow volume adjusting.
  4. rabbit19

rabbit19 Banned

Also having problems with my Jabra BT3030. It's so loud. even if i tred on the volume limit and sound check.
  5. DanielNTX

DanielNTX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The way they implemented A2DP, it's not max. It's more like line out. They left it up to the A2DP device to control volume. If your device doesn't have volume controls, replace it.
  6. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This is correct and is how it is supposed to be done. My Plantronics Voyager 844 works perfect.