Voltage Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by justan, Feb 8, 2009.

1. justan

justan New Member

So I want to try the voltage thing. Now i got a question. In the 'readme' it says to place the 2.1.1 FW in the 'jb_files' folder. In the actual program it tells me to put it here-

C:\Documents and Settings\Justan Jr\Local Settings\Temp\Rar$EX00.765\JB_Files

As far as i can see, i dont have the above^...i cant seem to find it. Where should i put the 2.1.1 FW?

Also, under requirements it says 2.2.1 IPSW. Is that what firmware i need to be on BEFORE i jailbreak or do i need that one downloaded? Either way, im on 2.2.1 and have it downloaded already so it doesnt really matter, just want to clarify that.

Thanks,

Justan

PS-Has anyone had success without downloading C++?
  2. CalebMingle

CalebMingle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I see you have attempted to Run the RAR instead of save it, hence why you have it in your temp files.

Go re-download Voltage (http://u.dopaul.com/Voltage.rar), and instead this time save it to your desktop.

You need the 2.2.1 firmware not the 2.1.1.

Place the 2.2.1 firmware in the JB_Files directory and you should be good to go!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Copy and paste that into your address bar in Windows Explorer.
    I would suggest moving the app out of a temporary location so it doesn't get deleted.
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    redTool handles all of the FOR you and doesn't require the C++ runtime crap.... just sayin

5. CalebMingle

CalebMingle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been nice so far, and I've only said one or two things about Voltage in your threads, but this is a thread about Voltage, so please don't hijack it

6. capercb

capercb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    boy have i got a car 2 sell u!!!!!
  7. justan

justan New Member

No, i saved it to my desktop. Its right there, im looking right at it lol. I never 'run' anything, i usually save it then delete it if i dont need it.

On your program, under 'requirements' it says 2.2.1, but then below that it says 2.1.1 IPSW, it gives me a 'begin download' button and tells me where to place it, and thats what got me confused...so this JB has nothing to do with 2.1.1? Should i just go ahead and place my 2.2.1 FW in the jb_files folder and try to do it?
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Caleb, I am still not afraid to drive to your house and...

Ok, this is about redTool, but it isn't made by you so I would think it's fair game. Either way, I stated truth.
  9. CalebMingle

CalebMingle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think you have an older version of the application, because I've fixed and uploaded the new version that says 2.2.1 IPSW.

Anyways, yes place your 2.2.1 FW in the JB_Files directory.
  10. justan

justan New Member

lol you dont remember are like hour long conversation? For some reason i cant run your program. You told me everything i need to do and it still wouldnt work. Yours was the one i was REALLY looking forward to but i didnt work for me

This one was realeased today and looks really promising thats why i want to try it. But i did try yours MANY times lol