Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by John-voip, Jun 26, 2009.

1. John-voip

John-voip New Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I am now looking for voip solutions. And found information about Voip sdk.
    According to their website (http://www.voipsipsdk.com/)
    Voip sdk is based on IETF standards (SIP, STUN, etc.), so it should be compatible with other standard based products such as Asterisk, OpenSER other.

They have all features I need:
    # Dynamically loadable codecs
    # Registrar support
    # Play wav files into conversation
    # Record conversation into file
    # Hold/Retrieve call
    # Forward Call (Blind Call Transfer)
    # Transfer Call (Attended Transfer)
    # Mute Sound
    # VPN support
    # Noise reduction
    # Auto gain
    # Jitter buffer parameters
    # Samples on Delphi, C#, VB, VB.NET, C++ 2005, C++ 6.0, HTML (SIP ActiveX)
    # Windowless samples on C++ and .NET
    # DTMF
    # Adaptive silence detection
    # Adaptive jitter buffer
    # STUN support
    # Comes as ActiveX control

But before I will download the evaluation version I would like to hear other people experience.
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Oct 14, 2008
    I have experience with Speex codec (excellent clarity: optimized for voice, quality at lowest bit-rate).

I have personally heard excellent quality voice and clarity of the "British" speakers recorded at 8-bit, not 16 or 32-bit rate, online, using speex.

Best voice: Ruby. No competition. Ruby has best diction, pronunciation and clarity of "voice" speech systems. There is an imitator. Ruby is the name of the system, it is a stand-alone external add-on or pc-card when I used it.

Apple iPhone/Touch is using a "standard" synthesized voice, historically, which has best "decoding" by user if has user selectable speed. This synthesized voice use is primarily employed blind or sight-impaired who run it at high speed, for example, for people employed in transcription services. If you cannot adjust the playback speed, it is not favored.

Forget "Natural Voices" because the higher speeds are required, 16 and 32-bit rate, and achieves only somewhat reasonable audio quality for voice.

My experience is several years at Lighthouse for the Blind and Print Handicapped, San Francisco, CA Computer Lab and working with a programmer of audio codecs via QCD Quintessential Player, over two or three years.

I also helped develop stereo crossover optimized for voice with the sound engineer sound system designer for Bachman Turner Overdrive, Bellingham, WA. I was working with the sound engineer at his business.

I also put together Cyberlink DVD and the 5-to-1 emulation best imaging of instruments in earbuds that was used over at QCD until there were, apparently, problems over licensing.

I was the voice for Dragon Systems Naturally Speaking, speaking phonemes and word fragments, however Robert T. (Cal Berkeley) changed stuff so he assured himself "credit".

I was "Ingrid" on the american english-speaking tape sent to Russia.

I have an informed "opinion" based on considerable experience.