Voip, backup, and the 2.0 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Bukco13, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Bukco13

Bukco13 New Member

I recently bought the 2.0 update for my ipod touch, and the only thing that the app store is unable to provide for me at this point (and the only reason I'm looking to jailbreak) is Voip. I was hoping that it would eventually come out on the app store but I realized, after trying to research this, that the SDK doesn't allow applications to access outside devices (such as the touchmod mic that I bought). So even though there will be and already are voip apps available (truphone and later iCall) for the iphone, unless Apple eases up it won't be available for the iPod touch.

So there are a couple of things I'm wondering. First, is there a voip application available for the 2.0 jailbreak. Second, if i jailbreak to 2.0 (my ipod was bought with 1.1.4 and i bought the 2.0 update) will i lose all of the apps i already have on there? Third, how can I backup my ipod now in case the jailbreak messes up and I want to restore to the way I have it now or if i downgrade to 1.1.4 and decide to go back to 2.0? Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. kuranes

kuranes New Member

The only thing I can answer is that you won't lose the apps you bought - they're stored on your itunes account and you can just redownload/install them for free since you already bought them.
  3. japanime

japanime New Member

If you need VoIP on your iPod touch, then don't bother with the 2.0 upgrade. It will render your Touchmods mic useless. I speak from experience -- I upgraded, couldn't use my mic or Siphon (the Touchmods VoIP app), so I downgraded back to 1.1.5.
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    to bach it up use ibackup

just seach for it