Voided warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rock101, Oct 16, 2007.

1. rock101

rock101 New Member

If you jailbreak your ipod, and the screen cracks or something, and if someone finds out that its been hacked, do you not get your money back?
  2. WiLLGT09

WiLLGT09 New Member

the warranty doesn't cover damage. unless you can prove that a manufacturing defect caused the screen to crack or something, you're sh*t out of luck. Although in that off chance, just restore the iPod to factory conditions, if you can.
  3. Commander147

Commander147 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Unless you purchased an extended warranty plan that covers damages you are screwed. The warranty that comes with the ipod does not cover screen leaking or screen damage or any sort of damage like that. If it is just a software issue like a jailbreak gone wrong or something you can get it exchanged but you got to keep your mouth shut. Just say it randomly screwed up or something. I totaled a mini with ipod Linux and they fixed it. I had not purchased any extra warranties. Hope this helps
  4. WiLLGT09

WiLLGT09 New Member

the AppleCare warranty doesn't protect against damages. this is the only extended warranty for apple products that i know of, and it's exactly like the standard iPod 1-year warranty, expcept it adds 2 more years of support.
  5. Rallos

Rallos New Member

Well, if the flash memory dies or something else inside the hardware of the unit dies as to make the thing totally inoperable there would be no way for them to boot it up and figure out it's been jailbroken anyhow.

Please Register or Log in to view images

If it something like a dead pixel problem or some other thing where the unit still boots up. Just do a restore from iTunes and it's like you just opened the box.
  6. Roflcopter_Down

Roflcopter_Down New Member

I've heard tales of putting electronic devices in the microwave for a seconds (pwns circuits) or removing the cable while it is updating which theoretically should brick your iPod and being able to cash in on warranties.
  7. Rallos

Rallos New Member

Why would you want to do this?