Voice search on touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rwphwp, Dec 2, 2008.

1. rwphwp

rwphwp New Member

The 30 pin dock connector audio-in works on 1st gens with iVoice III, but the Google Mobile App doesn't allow the voice search option on the touch. Does anyone know how to either trick the app into thinking it's on the iphone, or just enable the voice search on the touch?
  2. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Where can you find the audio in connector? I've never seen it. Also, what apps can your use it for? I know this was not any help to your question, but I was just curious. Any help would be much appreciated.
  3. rwphwp

rwphwp New Member

The Macally iVoice III, just google it or check on ebay. No modifications necessary, it works right out of the box. Very few of the iphone specific apps show up in the app store when opened from the touch, you'll have to buy them from the app store and then be creative from there. You can contact me via email for more info, just send a message to my profile. Any of the apps that use the mic work. So far I've used Voxie Pro, Fring, and Shazam.
  4. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Shazam was the one I had in mind. Awesome. Thanks.
  5. rwphwp

rwphwp New Member

Is anyone interested?

I'm continuing the post in hopes that some others will be as excited about this as I am. I've got vlingo working on the 1G ipod touch, voice search and all. It's a pretty cool function, although, since I wasn't able to get the google mobile app's search function working, I can't compare them. There might be some more work yet to go. PM me if you're interested.
  6. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wait, so, are you saying there's now a mic that'll work with 1G on firmware 2.x?
    if so, i'm pumped! =D
  7. rwphwp

rwphwp New Member

The Macally iVoiceIII is what I'm using now, without modding, and it works just fine.
  8. sueno13

sueno13 New Member

I got a Macally iVoiceIII off ebay and use with a 1st gen ipod touch. It works great with shazam, fring, idicto and italk. I love it. I wish I could get the google voice search working. Soon I think there will be some pretty good voice recogonition apps like ms voice for smartphone.