Voice Control/Command/Activation - How Useful is It?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rayzilla, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Rayzilla

Rayzilla New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does anyone use this function on their new 3G Touch?

If it does what I think it does, it sounds like a very useful function. I suppose you can leave the Touch in your pocket or bag and simply use the mic to tell the Touch to skip to the 'NEXT' song, or 'BACK', or 'SHUFFLE', or perhaps name of a song?

Could anyone share their experience with this function.

Thanks.
  2. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

I dont have it personally but i think its kinda weird if u use it while walking and in public. Out of no where this weird guy is speaking to this headphones

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I would personally just use it while about to go to sleep or in the house.
  3. Rayzilla

Rayzilla New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I hear what you are saying, but remember way back when headphones with mics were used for the first time and also when blue tooth first came out? Those were even weirder times because it really looked like they were talking to themselves, but now with everyone used to hands free mobiling, this would look like I am simply talking on my iPhone (even though it is really only an iPod Touch

).
  4. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it's not useful for me, personally i dont like saying out loud what songs i want to listen to on the bus or in a public area.. a bit weird.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Its pretty useful, actually, especially for simple things like 'Shuffle,' or 'Next'

Yeah, it looks kind of funny, but really. Who gives a damn?
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If you want to go shuffle, you can just shake your iPod unless you wear skinny jeans then you should stick to using the voice control (i'm not a girl BTW if you think only girls wear skinny jeans).
  7. iG33K

iG33K New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's actually somewhat useful, although some commands like "next," "previous," "play," and "pause" are pretty worthless considering the remote on the earbuds has a button for those functions anyway. But yeah, it's nice to be able to ask what song is playing, tell it to play the Genius list, tell it to play a specific artist, etc. Also, it can understand words fairly well unless there's a lot of background noise, because the mic can pick up more than you'd expect.
  8. Rayzilla

Rayzilla New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    People here scream out while their on their mobiles anyway, so I would just blend in except I'd be speaking in English.

And your avatar... She's cute.

------------------double post merged------------------
    So if you have it in shuffle mode, then you say "Next" I assume that it stays in shuffle mode but it would play the next in shuffle order? Just wondering. Thanks.
    I was banned earlier today for some reason, but I couldn't find out why? How can I find out why I was banned so that I try not to do the same thing again? (hijacking my own thread here. LOL)
    I didn't know about that 'shuffle' trick. Thanks!

And regarding the tight jeans thing, I actually just bought a pair of black tight jeans myself the other day from UniGlo (a Japanese retailer here in Hong Kong, not sure if there are any in the U.S or Canada). Tight jeans are pretty 'IN' here these days. I just need to get a pair of Converse or Jack something sneakers to go with them now.

(And BTW, I'm not a girl too.

)
    When I receive my Touch, I am considering replacing the stock earbuds with my SoundMagic MP21 IEM's. However, they do not have those extra buttons that you speak of.

I didn't know that you could actually go to the level of 'artist'. That is pretty cool. Sounds like I would almost never need to pull the Touch out of my bag or pocket.

Thanks for everyone's help. Keep your comments coming if you have any more tips or whatever to add to this subject. And sorry about these double posts, I hope I am not violating that double post rule as this is the first bulletin board that I'm on that has this rule or even does this automatic merging function. It's pretty cool.
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If it's in shuffle mode, and you say next, it stays in shuffle.
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    No Problem.

I live in the US of A, so there is tight jean companies over here and it is said that the USA and Mexico use tight jeans the most then any other place.