VNSEA/Touchpad, what do you use them for?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by marko, Feb 23, 2008.

1. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    seriously, what do you do with them? ive got both installed and although its pretty neat fun, what is the actual purpose? i can see how it might be useful for controlling music or something when at a distance from the computer, butt what else? i like how you can see the screen on vnsea, ut i find it so slow that its impractical to use. so has anyone got real good uses for them?
  2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

I use mine as a wireless mouse for my PC
  3. tootricky

tootricky New Member

vnsea is slow but touchpad.app which is based on vnsea is very useful as a wireless touchpad/mouse. I use to control movies on my tv when my macbook is connected to it. There is already an apple remote I know but it doesn't work for things like VLC.
  4. dahitman

dahitman New Member

since i have a plasma tv where i can connect my computer, i use it as a wireless mouse and keyboard
  5. Dis

Dis Banned

I have both, I dont use them all too much. I dont use touchpad at all, since its much easier just to use a mouse.
    And I only use VNC when I'm downstairs and my computer is on and i cant be bothered going up. lol
  6. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    i just use touchpad for the coolness factor, i'm using it now, i'm sure it will wear off soon......
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I use VNSea all the time - I've got 3 computers (XP, Mac & Ubuntu) - and I control them wherever I have internet access (airport, work, travel, supermarket, etc.). I've also got 4 dogs so I spend a lot of time in my yard - so I'll open up VNSea to see if I've got any emails or IMs. And no, I can't just access my IM & Email directly - my company uses Exchange and they're not turning on IMAP access just for me, and they use the ever annoying Office Communicator for IM.

Touchpad is great for presentations - fire up PowerPoint and then you can walk around the room with a wireless remote basically to flip slides and even control the mouse to point out things.
  8. errrick

errrick Active Member

- Touchpad: remote to control my pc from bed (altough I already had wireless keyboard/mouse, but touchpad app is a all-in-one and pretty much more like a remote control rather than a keyboard/mouse)
    - VNSea: to check how are my downloading *******s while I'm not at home
  9. faithn0m0re

faithn0m0re Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

How would you do that???
  10. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Yeah, don't you have to be connected to the same network to use VNSea?