VNSea Question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jimmyjackjoejames, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jimmyjackjoejames

jimmyjackjoejames New Member

I have VNSea running on my ipod and it works great!...from home... i figured that it was suppose to work anywhere since it runs through wireless connection. I wanted to see if i could get it to work at school but it gives me connection to my ip and port 5900 failed. I was wondering if there is actually a way around this, or if you can just use it at home. thanks!
  2. twlegg

twlegg New Member

I'm not an expert on this however it could be something to do with your school's firewall, or on your pc you only allow ips to connect that are on your own network. Try looking through VNC to change permissions to allow anyone to connect? Not sure though just a thought.

Edit: also, have you tried it at home since? because your router might reset your pc's ip address each time it connects, and thus you are trying to connect to the wrong ip.
  3. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    At my school, the IT guy uses VNC to make sure everyone is on task. He locks port 5900 so only he can use it. It's possibly that you may have a similar situation--the school might be using it to spy on you! Haha
  4. droidika

droidika New Member

like SSH'ing into your ipod, connecting via VNC requires you to be on the wireless network of the router that is connected to your PC.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No theres a thread i read the other day on this forum about a program that keeps track of your internet IP address so you can use VNsea anywhere in the world. as long as you have an internet connection. I have been searching for awhile now and a cant find the thread again.

I new i should have bookmarked it.
  6. tootricky

tootricky New Member

Bookmark it now:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20759&highlight=dynamic dns

You need dynDNS.
    1 person likes this.
  7. tootricky

tootricky New Member

NOT TRUE. What would be the point of remote support if you could only do it on your own network? All you need is access to the IP address of the machine in question.
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  9. 318aye

318aye New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    however, you need the ACCURATE ip. alot of times, people mistake private internal addresses for the real deal. checking out that dyndns now
  10. tootricky

tootricky New Member

... and make sure your router is forwarding to port 5900. Having a PC behind a router with a DCHP ip address is not a problem.